It's no secret that the most frequented place is the kitchen. However, not all women are owners of a large kitchen. And so you want that this room was functional, convenient, and most importantly, comfortable.
To help in this task will come the advice of designers who can use and translate the proposed ideas into reality.
Which planning to choose
For square kitchens fit corner sets. They can conveniently separate the working and dining areas. With this solution, the refrigerator, sink and stove can be arranged in such a way that they form a working triangle. All you need is in walking distance.
Opposite the headset, you can put a dining table oval shape. At this table, you can accommodate a large number of people.
If the design of the kitchen is small at all, for example, 2 * 2 m, then a folding table will do.
A wide window can be used as a dining area.
For rectangular kitchens, furniture should be placed along the walls. Instead, a dinner table is best served by a bar counter.
To visually expand the room on the walls, you can hang a large mirror or install a mirror kitchen apron.
Curtains for this option is preferable to choose with a large pattern.
You need to think about additional light, since the work area should be well lit. If the window is small or located on one wall, you can not do without lighting.
Doors in a small kitchen can be sliding - to save space.
Kitchen irregular shape
In such rooms there are usually niches, spaces or ledges. In the recesses of the walls perfectly fit the built-in closet. In it it is possible to place kitchen utensils, household appliances.
And also a place in the niche can take a refrigerator or an unusual built-in bar counter. A kitchen set for such a kitchen is better made to order or choose such an option, in which the doors of the upper cabinets will rise vertically.
The rules for choosing furniture for a small kitchen
- To be guided follows, first of all by a question of comfort and only then - by own taste preferences. For example, you should not buy a cumbersome buffet from the solid wood that carries a minimal functional load, and at the same time clutters up an already small room.
- First, you need to consider all the existing types of planning. This will help a kitchen plan, drawn on paper. One option is sure to suit the arrangement of a small kitchen.
- In small rooms, hanging cabinets, shelves and other furniture elements look much better. And also should choose the highest racks, literally abutting the ceiling - they will help to save space in the room.
- It is recommended to use all free corners rationally, installing parts of the headset, household appliances and other important elements in them.
Choosing furniture for a small kitchen, you should take into account such parameters as volume and ergonomics. The headset should be as compact as possible in appearance, but at the same time capacious. Do not choose furniture that resembles the design of huge boxes. It should be light enough and pretty, and take up all corners, niches and other useless spaces.
A huge role is played also by the visual perception of the kitchen set. This means that the color of furniture is extremely important, which will be installed in a small room. Visually increase the space will help bright glossy surfaces.
However, it is not recommended to buy a set, the color of which exactly matches the color of the walls. And it is also very important to properly place the bright accents that will revive the room and give it a twist.
To make the kitchen visually more help some design tricks. Mirror surfaces will add depth to the room, glass doors and shelves, chrome-plated metal handles and so on perform exactly the same function. It is important to keep harmony, so that the kitchen looks stylish and attractive.
It is equally important to arrange the furniture in the kitchen. For small rooms it is recommended to choose a linear or L-shaped layout, abandoning the island, U-shaped and two-line layout. And also for a very small kitchen, the built-in furniture is ideal, which helps to save space as much as possible.
Choice of household appliances
Every housewife wants to use household appliances that greatly facilitate the cooking process, such as a food processor, a blender, a microwave oven, a steamer, a bread maker, a multivarker. And there is a coffee maker, an electric kettle, a freezer, a toaster. How to put all this in a room that has very modest dimensions?
Designers are advised to use the highest possible cabinets with deep niches in which it is easy to hide some of these items, pulling them out if necessary. Place on the work surface can be an electric kettle and a coffee maker, as the most commonly used devices.
For storage of household appliances, narrow cabinets with roller doors, located between the lower and upper tier of the headset, also perfectly suit.
To save space in the lower row will help narrow dishwashers and ovens. The cabinets themselves should be equipped with appropriate mechanisms to ensure quick and easy access to the right devices.
The choice of such mechanisms is large - zapashnye, folding, with a rotating carousel, folding and so on. Properly organize the space of a small kitchen is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.
Color and decor
Here you can give a few basic recommendations:
- For a small room will fit bright, warm colors.
- It is important to consider the entry into the work area of a sufficient amount of natural and artificial light.
- The color of the walls should also be light colors.
- More than two colors in a small kitchen is better not to use, otherwise staying there can become psychologically uncomfortable.
- "Painted" walls in a small room are also not appropriate.
- The color of the furniture should be in harmony with the walls.
- The perfect solution will be glass or transparent furniture, which seems weightless and increases the space.
- The light transformer-transforming table will complement the interior of the small kitchen.
- A good element of the decor of a small kitchen will be Roman curtains or blinds.
How to save space in a small kitchen
You can save space in a kitchen of modest size in many ways:
- Maximize the use of devices such as suckers, hooks and special magnets, with which you can store different kitchen trifles.
- Install in the cabinets additional shelves, and then their capacity will increase significantly.
- It is wise to use every free angle for installing home appliances or corner lockers.
- At the very top of the headset you can install capacious boxes for storing rarely used devices and objects.
- If the cabinet is not high enough, it is recommended to place an additional shelf above it, it will be an excellent place for storing kitchen utensils.
- All pans should be placed on a special railing mechanism, adding them to each other.
- In a special side stand attached to the door of the headset, you can store bakery paper, foil, food film, garbage bags and other kitchen trifles.
- Right under the sink should be located a tension bar, placing on it used in cleaning household chemicals.
- Books and magazines with favorite recipes are recommended to be stored on a separate shelf, attached to the free space of one of the walls. This shelf can also be installed directly on the refrigerator.
- To save space on work surfaces and in cabinets, use a wall-mounted dish dryer.
- Chopping boards are conveniently hidden in the side pockets attached to the inside of the lower cabinets.
- To the side panel of the headset, you can attach a metal cornice for storing kitchen utensils.
- To store knives and other small metal objects, you should use a special magnetic tape attached to the wall in the area of the "apron". The same magnetic tape can be used to store small jars of spices.
- All items with long handles should be collected and placed in one place.
- Conventional office holders for papers that are used in offices can be adapted for storing thermos and bottles.
- Wallshelves will help to unload the cabinets.
- Extra shelves on high legs can be installed on the work surface.
- A table in a small kitchen can be installed folding, attaching a table top to a wide window sill.
- Above the working area can be placed a hanging structure, using it to store scoops, ladles, pans and other similar utensils.
- You can work with the cutting board simply on the surface, turning off all the burners.
- Dry the dishes can not be in a bulky dryer, but on a soft mat of microfiber, which quickly absorbs moisture and completely does not take place in the kitchen.
Errors, often allowed in the arrangement of a small kitchen
The owners of small and cramped cuisines often make mistakes in planning, preventing them from using the space as much as possible, without cluttering it with extra pieces of furniture. How to properly equip a small kitchen? To understand this issue, you can use the example of the most common mistakes.
The kitchen does not have enough space to store the necessary utensils. To avoid this, you should learn how to effectively use the free vertical space. Small shelves and lockers can be installed above the stove, refrigerator or even directly under the ceiling.
The work surface is too small. This is done with the goal of saving space, but in fact this solution contributes only to the greater cluttering of the kitchen. Continue the work surface by using a folding table top, or a bar counter.
Refusal to stretch to save space. Unfortunately, a stale unpleasant smell completely ruins the impression even from the most elegant kitchen. Without drawing in a small room can not do. Designers are advised to choose compact models. If necessary, the hood can be hidden behind the front of the headset.
As you can see, a small kitchen is not a reason to be upset. With a competent and rational approach to the design of this room, you can get a comfortable and functional kitchen as a result.
Kitchens of small sizes (real photos)
If you are a small kitchen owner, then you will be interested to see our photo gallery where 320+ photos of small kitchen samples from professional designers are presented.