At first, it may seem that dishwashers do not need special care, because they look clean for quite some time. But in fact, with each washing cycle, the work parts are inevitably contaminated by precipitation of hard water, food debris and detergents. Scum and plaque of fat gradually lead to breakage or inefficient operation. Therefore, cleaning the dishwasher (hereinafter PMM) is the main condition for its long-term operation.
Let's find out how to clean the dishwasher in 7 simple steps at home. But keep in mind that this is an example of a full range of procedures, which, of course, do not always need to be fully implemented. In addition, some procedures should be performed regularly, and some - only as the problem arises.
Step 1. Wash the strainer
Let's start with cleaning the mesh filter, which must be cleaned once a week. After all, it quickly enough formed a plaque of fat, which clogs small cells, which causes an unpleasant smell, and most importantly - leak.
To remove the filter, the lower basket is carefully removed and disassembled, as shown in the photo above. The extracted filter should be rinsed under a stream of water with a usual dishwashing liquid and replaced.
Step 2. Cleaning the blades
Now we'll clean the blades (impeller or rocker), which are also cleaned as they get dirty. They can be clogged with the remains of food or scale. If this happens, then all the blades should be removed and washed alternately, and the holes should be cleaned with a toothpick as shown in the next photo.
After assembly, they should rotate well, if this did not happen, then descaling and the axis should be cleaned.
Step 3. Clean the seals
The door seal should be cleaned every 6 months. For this purpose, a specialized product recommended by the dishwasher manufacturer is purchased.
- The space between the gaskets is conveniently cleaned with a toothbrush.
- It is better not to use folk remedies like citric acid, because because of it the rubber pad loses its elasticity, which means that the PMM can begin to leak.
Step 4. Washing the "dead zone" and the basket
In the lower part of the car door there is a "dead zone" - there is no water coming in, and the garbage accumulates. This part must not be forgotten to be thoroughly cleaned.
The plastic parts of the basket are easily and quickly cleaned with a brush and dishwashing detergent.
Step 5. Get rid of fat, mold and rust
Now you need to remove all visible dirt, mold, grease and rust:
- To remove the mold, you will need to apply bleach. However, this process will be dangerous for parts made of stainless steel, so it is better not to allow molds to multiply, drying the machine regularly. To do this, simply leave the door open so that the inner compartment is ventilated;
- Elimination of rust. Use a special tool to remove rust, but it is also important to understand why corrosion occurs. So, over time paint on the baskets can begin to peel, then you can update the coating with a special sealant. And that the water does not enter the device with a significant iron content (from rusty pipes, for example), it is necessary to put a filter on the input;
- Ideally, the camera, door, seals and PMM coarse filter need to be wiped every day.
Step 6. We clean the machine from scale
To remove scale, it is best to purchase a special product and run one short washing cycle with it, or vice versa, the most powerful and long mode at the maximum temperature - this depends on the selected cleaner. Of course, the machine must be empty.
- What kind of cleaner for dishwashers to choose? The most common remedy is a cleaner from Finish. But there are other effective fluids, for example from HG, Soda sun, Somat, Topper and a remedy from Amway.
- It is not recommended to use citric acid, as it can damage the gaskets. In extreme cases, you can clean the dishwasher with soda and vinegar: pour into a regular mug table vinegar 5% (if you divorce from 70% of the essence, then you need to add 13 tablespoons water to 1 table spoon of water), then add there ¼ cup baking soda and put the glass on the top shelf (for mugs). And then start the car in a normal program without utensils.
- This cleaning should be done once in 3 months.
- The most important advice - for the prevention of scale does not neglect the regular use of salt, because it changes the composition of water and does not allow the accumulation of sediments.
See also: How to clean the washing machine from dirt and scale in 5 steps.
Step 7. Wipe the car clean
After the end of the cycle, simply wipe the dishwasher chamber - if any dirt remains, they should easily move away.
Well, that's all, your assistant is ready to work again!
We also offer you to watch the following video about the maintenance and prevention of mineral deposits with the help of salt: