Any interior will look more comfortable if there are curtains in its design.
Curtains can be used not only for window openings, but also for zoning space. When decorating the interior, you can use curtains on the doorway. Designers can apply this design method in both classical and modern design styles. Different combinations used in different rooms of the same house will allow creating in some rooms a strict style, in others on the contrary, a soft, relaxing environment.
- Features of door curtains
- Curtains materials
- Curtains on the door
- 85 photos of ideas of perfectly designed door curtains
Features of door curtains
Door curtains are used where no noise insulation is required, most often they are apartments with one occupant or vice versa, multi-room apartments and houses, in which there are enough doors that provide insulation of the necessary premises.
Often used door curtains pendant, allowing you to freely pass through them. Visibility of insulation and free movement through them will be a good solution for the living room or dining room, as well as in other rooms that do not require isolation from the free passage.
One of the options is the separation of the living room and dining room, allowing for one second to separate the room and create an isolated and cozy room of smaller dimensions. If necessary, simply tie the curtains and open the passage completely, visually expanding the room.
In addition, for doorways can be used compositions in which the doorway is not closed, and the curtains form a decorative component of the interior. With the help of folds, bows and other decorative elements, designers achieve the best combination of door curtains with the rest of the room, avoiding angular door designs.
This creates an atmosphere of coziness, allowing you to relax in the evening with your family.
As a material for the manufacture of curtains are used:
- Bamboo, straw or jute, as well as other natural materials. Very original look bamboo curtains on the doorway in the case of decoration of the entire room in a natural style;
- Fabrics. Used to create rich draperies indoors, decorative curtains on the doorway from the fabric must necessarily be combined with window curtains;
- Plastic. Found its application in the form of various blinds. On doorways such material is used extremely rarely, mainly in the form of vertical bands;
- Rope. This material allows you to use both the ropes themselves, connected in the style of macrame, and various decorative stripes on them. The originality of this kind of curtains is very high and the imagination of the designer is not limited to a standard canvas.
Curtains on the door
In some cases, the doors do not fit into the interior. In this case, drapery is applied with decorative door curtains. This kind of curtains is attached directly to the door leaf. The door leaf itself is masked, the emphasis is on the decorative component. This is clearly seen in the photo of door curtains, with the material most often served by a fabric with various folds and ruches. It is mandatory that the curtains used for the door leaf are combined with the material of the window drapery.
Also this type of drapery is used on glass or partially glazed doors and allows creating extremely interesting compositions with a partial curtain glass surface. By creating a decorative effect, you can additionally control the light transmission of the door.
An important point is the fastening of the curtains to the door, as the curtains can simply fall off when opening the door. In addition, the curtains when closing and opening the door should not interfere, so an additional fastening can be installed along the edges of the door.
85 photos of ideas of perfectly designed door curtains
- Ceiling curtains - 110 photos of ideas for a modern interior
- Curtains of 2017 - photos of the most fashionable novelties of the season
- How to hang curtains - step by step instruction with a photo and a message
- Green curtains - how to decorate a calm and gentle interior (70 photos)
- Turquoise curtains - 70 photos of ideas in the interior
- Curtains Provence - photo ideas of beautiful design and combination in the interior
- Roller blinds on plastic windows - 78 photos of ideas in the interior
- Curtain design - 150 photos of the best design ideas in the interior
- Modern curtains in the kitchen - 135 photos of novelties in the interior