L-shaped scheme of the arrangement of furniture is appropriate in any area, and for small kitchens it is absolutely indispensable. The corner set is easiest to buy, but you can make and assemble it yourself. What for? The second method has significant advantages:
- A kitchen made by yourself will cost you 2-3 times cheaper than a factory kitchen. On the market there are facades, chipboard, MDF, accessories for every taste, and cutting the material can often be done in the same store;
- In addition, you can independently make a non-standard kitchen, which will exactly match the room and your requirements for roominess and design;
- And if you do everything right, then the appearance, ergonomics and durability of the kitchen cabinet will justify the time and effort spent. In addition, this work will be pleasant and interesting for you, and relatives will be grateful and proud!
In one article it is impossible to describe in detail all the nuances of the work, if you are a beginner, then we advise you to get acquainted with the site of the famous furniture maker Andrei Lappo and look at Vitaly Luzhetsky's channel on Youtube. And we will describe the general sequence, give tips, useful links, a selection of videos, as well as photo-examples of works with cost estimates. Perhaps, we will start with them.
Stage 1. Planning - drawing up drawings, thinking through design, measurements
So, suppose you have already planned the design, color, additional chips (like the same boxes in the socle) and a place for your future corner headset. Further it is necessary to make measurements, and then with the received data to design the drawing.
Before measuring, it is necessary to determine the complete set of corner kitchen set, which can include:
- Corner sink and under it a curb;
- At least 2 thumbs on the left and right of the cabinet with a sink. They can be niches for built-in washing machine, dishwasher, a hob, but can be just storage cabinets;
- Top sections (2-5 or more cabinets);
- Places for stationary equipment - refrigerator, cookers, etc.
Advice! Measurements along the vertical are necessarily carried out in three points - in the middle, along the plinth, under the ceiling. This will allow to level the difference of measurements due to the curvature of the walls.
To design, execute elements and assemble the kitchen is real, even if you only have the simplest scheme drawn on millimeter paper or on a sheet of a notebook in a cage, where, for example, 1 cell corresponds to 10 cm. But it's better to make a thoughtful drawing, that is a full-fledged 3D color project, using a special program, for example "PRO100".
Drawing up the drawing, you will also have to take into account the place of the gas pipe insertion and the installation site of the extract (passage of the airway). The layout or drawing is created with maximum details, after which a map of the material is made. And for her, in turn, you need a list of assembly details for each module. Typically, to assemble a cabinet, you will need:
- 2 side walls;
- Back wall made of light but strong chipboard;
- Edge (with a margin of 12%).
And, of course, the kitchen should have a table top and an apron.
Stage 2. We purchase materials, make a cutting chart, detail and order a cut
Now we need to buy all the necessary materials, make a cutting chart and detailing, and then order a cut. The shredded material will be ready in 2-3 working days.
Advice! Sawing is better to order in the same store where you bought the chipboard, but not elsewhere. It is much more convenient and cheaper - you do not need to order delivery 2 times.
The nesting chart is the documentation that reflects which parts need to be cut from the EAF sheet. The map allows you to: see how you can lay out the details on the sheet, how many leftovers will be after the cutting, and determine how much material you need to make a corner set with your own hands.
You can make a cutting chart in special programs, for example, in the Cutting program, or you can order it in the same store where you buy the chipboard.
Nuances in drawing up a map of cuts are as follows:
- The hinged modules of frame furniture should be made of chipboard 16 mm thick.
- For the modules installed below, on the floor, 18 mm chipboard is used.
- Width of wall cabinets is selected from the standard model range - 200, 250, 300 mm and so on (the dimensions are multiples of 50 millimeters).
- To make a back wall from a fiberboard, it is necessary to reduce its dimensions in comparison with the parameters of the module by 4 mm.
Also at this stage you need to purchase loops and design-appropriate handles.
Advice! Most masters prefer the accessories of the brand BLUM.
Stage 3. Preparation of surfaces and tools
The assembly of the corner kitchen necessarily includes a preparatory stage. So, all the surfaces along which the furniture will be located must be made even, and the walls at the junction of the headset should converge at right angles. In order to assemble the corner set, you will need not only a detailed design, but also a corresponding tool:
- A hammer;
- Jig and circular saw;
- The knife, the awl;
- Hex wrench for fasteners;
- Drills with a diameter of 4.5 mm, 7 mm, 8 mm;
- Confirmates (50x7) or self-tapping screws 3x16, 3x30;
- Hairdryer or iron for gluing the edge;
- Conductor (not necessarily, but very desirable! Assembly will be easy and high-quality).
Advice! To install confirmations in the parts to be connected, holes are first drilled, and then the fasteners are screwed into the screwdriver.
Step 4. Assemble the corner cabinet
When the drawing is completely ready and refined, and all the elements for the assembly are prepared, the most important stage begins - the assembly of the corner cabinet and the sink. It is always collected first, and therefore the process is carried out with the utmost responsibility and thoroughness. Then, based on the installed corner cabinet, you can make a ready-made set, attaching the appropriate elements to it.
The main structural nuances of the corner cabinet are:
- The hole in the countertop (almost always this cabinet is executed with a sink);
- Holes in the side or rear wall for the passage of pipelines that feed water to the sink, under the drainage outlet.
These holes are necessary if the corner cabinet with a sink has rear and side walls made of particleboard or fiberboard. But it is also possible that the side walls in this element are not provided for, and the rigidity is provided by special connecting posts.
Step 5. We collect the remaining elements of the kitchen set
After the corner cabinet has been assembled and installed, it will be possible to do the rest of the elements, using pre-executed drawings. The sequence of actions in this case is as follows:
- The necessary parts are sorted out for assembling the main box and side cabinets and places for fasteners are indicated in them.
- Panels are fastened together, legs and rails are installed for retractable systems. To make easy assembly of elements with sliding guides, it is necessary first to assemble the three walls of the box, insert it into the bottom of the fiberboard, and then fix the facade through the eccentric coupler - so that the sleeve in the side wall grasps the screw of the screw from the front panel. Rollers on the guides must be at the back - this necessarily includes a drawing. The already assembled box is placed in a cabinet, inserting it there at a slight angle.
- Wooden dowels, used as fasteners in blind holes, are recommended to be placed on the adhesive;
- Joins of the walls of the boxes can be treated with silicone, so that the chipboard does not swell and does not crumble from moisture.
- Edging can be ordered from specialized companies along with sawing, or you can do it yourself. To the visible ends of the chipboard, glue the edge of a suitable color, ironing it with an iron in the ironing mode of silk, that is, 2k. Surf the edges along the edges with a stationery knife.
- Mark the countertop plate and cut it. Joints must be treated with a sealant, and the ends - covered with a strong metal strip.
- Hinged cases can be fixed using a mounting plate - one part is fixed to the wall, and the second - from the back wall of the cabinet. However, drawings can provide for the usual hinges.
- Then you need to install the facades.
- Left cut a sink and embed the technology in the niche.
- The final stage of assembly is the installation of decorative plugs for fasteners and a plastic skirting that hides the gap between the wall and the table top.