The best solution for creating an easy, informal and relaxed environment is the Greek style kitchen.
Such a design solution does not accept pretentiousness and luxury, and its interior looks spacious and airy.
Practicality and the creation of maximum comfort - this is the main task of the Greek style in the interior of the kitchen.
A simple and laconic design will fill the room with an abundance of heat and sunlight, creating a friendly atmosphere. In addition, this style is very convenient for everyday life.
In order for you to clearly visualize such a design, we suggest that you look at the different versions of the photo of the kitchen in the Greek style.
The distinctive features of the kitchen interior in the Greek style are the following:
We also recommend:
- Pistachio color kitchen - 75 photos of the perfect combination in the interior
- Paul in the kitchen - which one to choose? 55 photos of ideas and novelties in the interior of the kitchen
- Linoleum for the kitchen - which one to choose? Photo examples of ready-made solutions.
- laconism, lightness, friendliness and simplicity, harmoniously combined with a home cosiness - it has clear lines, pleasant, calm and pastel colors and a rational approach to zoning space;
- naturalness, expressed in the predominance of neutral shades and natural, eco-friendly materials (metal, stone, wood, ceramics);
- an abundance of home textiles made of natural fabrics: window curtains and linen tablecloths, cotton wipes and towels;
- it is desirable that there are columns;
- it is recommended to design in this style a spacious and high-quality kitchen with large window openings;
- a lot of house plants will give charm.
We decorate the ceiling
An obligatory condition for this design is high ceilings. Since the Greek style loves a light scale, then the ceiling coating should be the same, and its texture is convex, with a relief.
In addition, decorate the ceilings with floral ornament, with the help of aged beams made of wood, bas-reliefs on an antique theme.
How to decorate the walls?
The main background in the design of the kitchen in the Greek style is made to make a light and clean shade. The Greeks are popular with the sky-blue. In addition, white and cream colors are used, more rarely olive, green, gold, brown.
We also recommend:
- Filter for water in the kitchen - which one to choose? Browse popular models!
- Kitchen with dishwasher - a dream of every mistress! 70 photos of new design.
- Lighting in the kitchen: the rules for the ideal organization of lighting in the kitchen (75 pics)
To dilute the uniformity of the decoration one of the walls can be highlighted with turquoise, a color of dark rust, deep blue Mediterranean or sunny bright yellow.
Strict and clear geometric patterns are chosen when you want to decorate the walls. Specific requirements for the texture of the walls in the kitchen are not: their surface can be either smooth or rough.
We also recommend:
- Kitchen in Khrushchev - 100 photos of small kitchen design in Khrushchev
- Kitchen with balcony - decorated stylishly and tastefully. Interesting layout options for 90 photos.
- Modular kitchens - excellent and modern design (73 photos)
The Greek style is not exacting to architectural details, but you can supplement the design of the kitchen with a simple fireplace, creating a cozy, or architectural moldings. The wall can be equipped with niches for various accessories.
On the walls you can use mosaic or decorative murals.
Correctly choose furniture
Greeks appreciate freedom and space, so the room will require a minimum of furniture. It should have a rather simple shape, be made in a rustic style and made of high-quality, lightly worn wood.
Details of the furniture can be painted in a heavenly-marine range: blue Mediterranean, turquoise and snow-white, while its main color is natural light wood.
The set can be decorated with pebbles, beautiful sea shells and ceramic tiles. Light wooden wardrobes and chairs should be light, compact and simple. Wicker baskets of different sizes are used as storage for small items.
Advantage in choosing furniture is better to give low-level furnishings: low tables, cozy pillows on the floor, comfortable benches. Bright cushions will look very hospitable.
The dining table is chosen to be coarse and very large in size.
The best option for Greek cuisine is an unpainted wooden floor of light color. In Greece, traditionally lay the floor with a mosaic of multi-colored ceramic tiles.
It will not be bad to look stone floor or tile with imitation of tiles.
Rugs and rugs are not made to be laid, but a textured rug in a rustic style of a small size in the dining area will add comfort.
Details and accessories that complete the interior
Fabric for draping the doorway must necessarily have a national ornament.
Frames of the window opening should be perfectly white and fairly wide. Their design should also be simple: wooden blinds, painted in blue, short Roman curtains made of linen or virgin white curtains made of lightest and simple tulle.
Typical for the style of lighting devices should be made of wrought iron. Do not forget to get candlesticks.
In addition, the kitchen in a truly Greek style is unthinkable without the following accessories:
- cotton towels of sand or sea shades;
- An old sink with a curved spout;
- decorative elements made of ceramic, clay and cast iron;
- country ceramic ware with bright patterns and glaze;
- Metlakh tile or mosaic decorating the kitchen apron and worktop;
- Greek amphorae;
- plaster statues of different sizes;
- over the stove - twigs of dried herbs;
- Gremorskie seashells and pebbles (both separately and transparent glass bowls);
- wicker baskets with fruits;
- vases from clay with field flowers;
- bottles with olive oil and twigs of herbs.
Greek style in the kitchen is a functional solution. At the same time, this is a maximum of simplicity and coziness, and the embodiment of the idea will cost relatively inexpensively.
Photo of the kitchen in the Greek style