False panels for kitchen use, when it is necessary to hide any site in furnish, for example, corrugations of an air line or a socle headset. Let's figure out what materials and designs are suitable for kitchen façade panels, we will clarify the installation and price issues.
When you need false panels
Falsh kitchen panel can:
- Replace the kitchen apron;
- Close the corrugation from the hood;
- Hide unnecessary niches or communications;
- To decorate furniture legs;
- Remove the gap between the furniture cabinets and the wall;
- Cover the niche or the distance between the cabinets;
- Help in creating a decorative lighting system;
- Visually align the surfaces.
Below are photo-examples of the use of false panels in the kitchen.
Masking the corrugated pipe with a false panel
Falsh panel in the design of the window space
So, the main task of false panels is disguise. But thanks to them, the walls in the kitchen can turn into an accent part of the interior, as many false panels are decorated with photo printing technology. And this means that the front side of the material can decorate not only the imitation of tiles, but also the view of New York's nightlife or a waterfall sparkling with a spray.
Materials for false panels
False panels for the kitchen are special finishing plates, decorated on one side. The following materials are used for their manufacture.
Eco-friendly, beautiful, durable material, which is also subject to restoration. True in the kitchen, it is not very practical, as it is afraid of changes in temperature and humidity, sharp objects and frequent cleaning. Most often, for finishing the apron and socle use panels from veneered MDF with a wax coating.
Example of finishing the plinth with wooden panels
Veneered false panel
Easily mounted and distinguished by high decorative, can imitate any texture or have photo printing. The durability of such structures depends on the strength of the protective top layer. The most reliable options - with lacquering or acrylic coating.
Apron made from MDF
Apron made from MDF
- Apron made of particle board
- Apron made of particle board
Практичны, пожаробезопасны, позволяют экспериментировать с подсветкой, не разрушаются от влаги. Glass panels изготавливают из акрилового, силикатного, поликарбонатного, закаленного стекла и триплекса.
- For finishing the apron, glass panels "triplex" and tempered glass are the most suitable. Since they are absolutely safe even in a broken state, they are strong and are not afraid of heat (including from a gas stove).
Glass can be decorated with photographic printing or patterns obtained by sandblasting.
Glass apron with profile fastening
Glass screen in the wall between kitchen and bathroom
In the photo below you can see an example of masking the corrugated glass panel with a backlight.
The process of installing the apron skinned yourself can be seen in the next video.
Plastic False Panels
The most affordable, practical, moisture-resistant, easy-care panels, they can easily be mounted with their own hands and cut into small parts. Plastic imitates any materials, for example, a stone, a bricklay or a tile "a boar", but nevertheless it is not authentic.
By the way, in Ikea you can buy plastic wall panels Fastb under the tile on one side, and with a monophonic surface on the other. This means that you can easily change the design of the apron by mood. Mount the wall panels from Ikea to the wall with special profiles.
Metalические панели чаще всего изготавливают из нержавеющей стали. Для кухонного фартука лучше использовать матовые поверхности – на них не так видны разводы от воды. Часто металлическими панелями отделывают лишь участок за плитой.
It can simulate the texture of a piece of marble, granite and even ornamental stones, or it can be a rough cleavage of untreated natural material. Excellent for finishing aprons in the tone of the countertop.
Design selection rules
Depending on your purpose or your wishes, the false panels can play the role of an accent in the interior or, conversely, do not attract attention by copying adjacent surfaces.
- As an accent decor use panels with photoprint, monophonic, but bright colors or panels that mimic exotic wood species, eg, zebrano.
- In order for the false panel to turn out to be neutral, it needs to be selected in the tone of adjacent surfaces, for example, countertops, kitchen facades or walls. Otherwise, you can choose universal shades and textures - "under the tree", white, silver metallic, as well as matte or clear glass.
Also take into account the following tips:
- On dark surfaces, dust and streaks are more noticeable than on light or variegated.
- Motley and bright wall panels, for example, with photo printing, it is preferable to use under the condition of a laconic interior.
- If your small kitchen, then for the decoration of the working area is to choose a panel of light colors. They will not reduce space and will reflect light.
Basic installation methods
False panels in the kitchen can be fixed both permanently and with the calculation for periodic shifts, dismantling or opening-closing.
- Stationary fastening
Fasten the panels to self-tapping screws, silicone or glue. Fastening on the screws allows you to securely fix the panel in the right place and, if necessary, dismantle it. The places of fastening are decorated with round plugs. Mounting with glue or silicone is possible in case the wall is flat.
- Not stationary fastening
This method is good when close communications, for example, corrugations or pipes, so that they always have access. In this case, the material can be fixed on magnets, which makes it easy to remove it if necessary. Another way - fastening with profiles, in which a false panel is inserted. There is a "wall" on the principle of a spike-groove of blocks or one single module is used. Then this wall "rolls in" between the slats, and all the resulting joints are covered with corners or decorative patches.
Of course, before you fix the material, you need to prepare the wall: it may not be perfectly even, but, nevertheless, without large defects and differences. It is enough to plaster the base, wait until it dries, and then proceed to the next stage.
More information about fixing wall plastic and MDF panels can be found in the following video.