To choose a washing machine, you need to consider not only how well it erases, but also a host of other characteristics: a class of washing efficiency, spin speed, price, number of programs and so on.
This step-by-step guide will help you prepare for the trip to the store / visit the online store, understand the difference between the features of different models and make the best choice.
Step 1. Determine the type of washing machine
To begin with it is necessary to solve the simplest question - what type of machine do you need: built-in, stationary or vertical with top loading?
- The built-in machine is designed for full integration into any furniture, say, in a kitchen set, which is just being designed. To do this, it provides a recess for the skirting board, hinges on the front panel (for hanging the door) and a removable cover. There are no decorative side walls. It turns out that such a CM can be hidden, making the interior as orderly as possible. Especially relevant is the built-in machine when placed in the kitchen.
See also: Everything about placing the washing machine in the kitchen.
- The stationary model is suitable in case the room is already furnished and you just need a new assistant. By the way, the usual washing machine can also be partially built-under the countertop, under the sink (low model) or in the closet with the door. If necessary, the top cover of the case can be removed (almost all models).
- Washing machine with drying - this is almost the ideal washing machine, because it gives out not only clean, but also practically dry and even ironed laundry, which can be immediately put on or folded into the cabinet. This result is achieved due to an additional heater and the injection of warm air into the drum. The disadvantages of CM with drying are: high price (from 30 tr), larger unit size, higher power consumption.
- A vertical washing machine with a top loading is suitable if the space allocated for it is not large.
What type of washing machine is better - with front or vertical loading?
Familiar models with a front sunroof are good for partial / full integration, the ability to see what is happening inside the drum during washing (whether the machine has got water, at what stage the process is located, etc.), the ability to store things on the top of the CM like on a shelf. In addition, the choice of models in this category is the widest and most diverse for any inquiry and purse. Of the minuses, you can only call a larger size (in addition, you need a room for a hatch), as well as the need to tilt to load things.
The vertical machine with the upper hatch is good especially its compactness. Other bonuses are the ability to download things after launch and do it standing up, not in the slope. Cons of vertical CM: higher price, smaller choice of models, lack of possibility of embedding.
Step 2. We make measurements
Before going to the store you need to decide where the washing machine will stand, and how much space you can allocate for it.
- Ordinary machines with front loading have a standard height (85 cm) and a width (60 cm), but their depth may vary. The narrowest machines have a depth of 35-40 cm, medium - 45-50 cm, full-sized - 50-60 cm.
- For those who want to save as much space as possible, we recommend you pay attention to compact models that have a height of only 70 cm, width and depth of 50 cm. Most often, such machines are installed under the sink as shown in the photo below.
- Vertical washing machines have a width of 40-45 cm and a depth of 60 cm, but the height can vary from 85 to 90 cm.
Tips & Tricks
- In addition to the size of the case, you should pay attention to the diameter of the hatch, which can vary from 20 to 50 cm. The larger the hatch, the easier it is to get and load laundry. True, wide hatches in swing form require a larger margin of space.
- When buying a washing machine for installation under the countertop, keep in mind that, if necessary, you can remove the top cover and thereby lower the height of the SM by a couple of centimeters.
Step 3. We decide what capacity of the washing machine we need
Washing machines have different capacities. Some models can accommodate only 3.5 kg, while others - all 14 kg. The following "norms" will help you not to be mistaken:
- For 1-2 people a car with a capacity of 4-5 kg is suitable;
- For a family of 3 people it is necessary to choose a washing machine for 5-6 kg;
- For a family of more than 6 people it is worth taking a large car with a capacity of 9 kg.
Seeking to save space in the bathroom / kitchen or, conversely, buy a car with a capacity reserve, do not overdo it. Too small a car can hardly accommodate even a set of children's bed linen. Too large a machine, even with a minimum load of 1-1.5 kg, will waste a lot of water and electricity.
Step 4. We consider the classes of washing, energy efficiency and pressing
For each model CM is always attached a color sticker indicating the classes of washing, energy efficiency and spin. Before choosing a washing machine, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with this "encoded" in letters and numbers information.
- A washing class is one of the most important selection criteria. After all, it shows how effective the machine is washing. This indicator is marked with letters from A to G. At the same time, A is the highest class, and G is the lowest. However on sale it is possible to meet cars in a class not below V.
A quality washing machine should have a quality indicator of washing and energy efficiency of at least Class A. Do you want an even more efficient machine? Choose the model that has a wash class A +, A ++ or A +++ (the highest value).
- The efficiency class of energy consumption in modern machines varies from A + to G. We recommend choosing a washing machine of energy efficiency class not lower than A.
- In addition to the class of washing, you should pay attention to the class of drying and pressing, which speaks of the residual moisture of the laundry after drying / pressing. This indicator also varies from class A to G.
We recommend choosing a washing machine with a drying and spinning class of at least C. Comparative information: Class A machines squeeze the laundry to a moisture level of 40-45%, and a C-class machine to 60%. In practice, there is a difference in the drying time of the laundry, but it is not very significant.
Step 5. Pay attention to the spin speed
The higher the spin speed, the drier will be the washed laundry at the outlet. We recommend choosing a washing machine at a speed of at least 800 rpm. For washing on a daily basis this is quite enough. However, for best results, we recommend selecting a CM with a spin speed of 1200-1400 rpm. For washing blankets, pillows and outerwear, such indicators are best suited.
Well, if the CM will have a vibration absorption system, so that the machine does not tremble much and makes noise at the spin stage.
Step 6. Estimate the set and number of programs
The simplest washing machine has at least 10 washing programs, the most "fancy" - up to 20 programs. Of course, the more programs a car has, the more expensive it is.
To the standard, without which the average user can not do is the following programs: washing of cotton, delicate washing, washing of wool, washing of mixed underwear, intensive, preliminary and quick washing.
Depending on your needs, you can choose a machine with additional programs:
- Washing of children's things (the machine erases with a lot of hot water, keeping the laundry soft);
- Removing animal hair (if you have a shedding pet, this program will be indispensable);
- Super-rinse (topical for allergy sufferers);
- Washing of sportswear;
- Washing of shoes (suitable for washing sneakers and sneakers);
- Prevent crushing and ironing;
- Washing the duvet;
- Washing of organic contaminants;
- Washing with the effect of hand washing (erasing things that are not allowed to be washed in the machine, due to the increased amount of water, low temperature and special movements of the drum).
Step 7. We estimate additional functions
Finally, think about additional features.
- Protection from leaks - a system of intelligent shutdown and water supply when a leak is detected.
- Protection from children - blocks unwanted shutdown or changing settings.
- Intelligent control function - the system remembers individual settings, determines the weight of the laundry, doses the amount of detergent and water, adjusts the temperature, spin speed, rinse intensity and other washing parameters depending on the load. Models with this function are more expensive, but they save electricity, water and detergents.
- Function Fuzzy Logic (for a washing machine with drying) - in contrast to conventional dryers with dryers, the machine with this function stops drying not by a timer, but by a sensor that detects the residual moisture of the laundry and stops the unit itself. Thus, it prevents both overdrying and underdrying of things.
The next video story on how to choose the right washing machine, will help you even more "shod" before buying.
Decide on which firm to choose a washing machine, you will be helped by a video comparison of washing machines in the price category of 10-20 thousand rubles.