The kitchen is a place where a lot of necessary things are stored. Without utensils, utensils, kitchen textiles, souvenirs, houseplants this room looks faceless. But in order for the kitchen to always be neat, every thing should be allocated its place. And this place can be open shelves and decorative shelves in addition to the kitchen set, or altogether as a replacement for its upper part.
Choose the design, design and size of the shelf
Before you begin to make kitchen shelves for your kitchen, you need to decide on its style and appearance:
- In the kitchen in style high tech and minimalism are appropriate shelves of strict shapes and colors with illumination;
- AT Scandinavian interior and in the loft-style kitchen, massive or light shelves of particleboard, wood, rough boards, old boxes and pallets look spectacular;
- For Provence, shibbi chica, country and classics suitable decorative shelves on metal consoles, artificially aged, rustically coarse or threaded;
- AT room decorated in the Art Nouveau style, designs with glass and metal will ideally fit;
- For уютной кухни в современном стиле нередко используются полки-решетки для посуды или стойки для винных бутылок;
- Angle shelves are the most effective and practical way of using space.
What you need to know before you start making hand-made shelves?
- If you do not plan the appointment, design, load level, place for the shelf and do not complete the design of the product, the risk that the result of your work does not fit into the available interior by its color, style and size is great. Therefore, do not hang a shelf on the wall just because you have the remnants of boards and chipboard;
- The most convenient and easy to perform is an open shelf of rectangular shape;
- The dimensions of the product must correspond to the items placed on it. Shelves for spices, decor items, bottle bottles are quite small and can be placed anywhere: above the table, above the bar counter, in the apron under the upper cabinets, the headset, etc .;
- If you want to supplement the existing kitchen set with a shelf, then, most likely, it will be medium-sized;
- Open shelves that replace the top modules of the headset can be long from wall to wall and massive;
- ATыбранное крепление должно сочетаться не только с материалом полки, но и с wall finishing.
Kitchen shelves made of particleboard or wood
Полки для кухни могут крепиться на стену, устанавливаться на пол или стол. Можно сделать и универсальный вариант. For работы потребуются:
- Electric jigs and perforator;
- A hammer;
- Compasses, pencil and ruler;
- Piece of plywood, chipboard, wooden boards or boxes;
- Brackets for hanging shelves or ready-made consoles, sold in furniture stores (they can be made with their own hands);
- Sandpaper for grinding;
- Stain, paint, brush, screws, ribbons for decorating the shelf.
The amount of raw material is calculated depending on the dimensions of the future product.
As for the form, it is better to make wooden shelves for the kitchen rectangular or triangular (for placement in the corner), but oval and round will be appropriate not everywhere. Do not forget about the durability and strength of the structure - as a coating used special wear-resistant paints, and for fixing choose reliable hardware.
Advice! If your kitchen does not differ in size, then massive shelves designed for a large load will look too cumbersome.
How to make shelves for the kitchen with your own hands? The works are performed in the following order:
- Determine the place on the wall, where the regiment will hang.
- A design drawing is created. To protect objects from accidental falls, you can install an additional border in front.
- Select brackets or consoles - so that their height is less than the distance between the shelves along the vertical.
- ATырезают изделие электролобзиком, после чего поверхность торцов шлифуется.
- ATидимые после навешивания торцы заклеиваются специальной кромкой или шпоном (в случае изготовления полки из ДСП).
- Mark the wall in the places where the holes are fastened.
- Securely fix the shelf.
We make shelves from plasterboard
For кухни можно смастерить и полки из гипсокартона своими руками.
When designing a product, it is necessary to take into account the expected load, placing on the gypsum board structure such useful things as a TV or music speakers. Shelves of plasterboard on the frame should be reinforced with profiles from the inside. If you are planning exclusively decorative shelves, then there will be enough metal racks.
Before making a shelf with your own hands from the GKL, you need to complete its drawing in full. After drawing up the drawing and its adjustment in accordance with the dimensions of the kitchen, you can start calculating the materials.
Then the marking on the wall is performed, the frame is made and the plasterboard is assembled.
After you can fix all the drywall, proceed to the puttying of all surfaces (before that, all the corner elements of the structure must be additionally fastened, and the ends should be surrounded by a perforated corner).
The putty is applied in several layers. When it dries, the construction is rubbed with a sandpaper, primed and dyed. Get accurate decorative shelves on the wall, which can be used to store kitchen utensils, a collection of porcelain or wine bottles.
Kitchen decoration - decorative shelves
Decorative shelves for the kitchen serve to create coziness, but this does not mean that you can not place useful things on them.
Often decorative shelves represent a complex in one style, where you can store serving utensils, vases and statuettes.
Advice! Small shelves can be hung using beautiful ready-made fixtures. Effectively look contrasting combinations - a white shelf on colored consoles, rough wood on black brackets, etc.
Decorative shelves can be fixed in the apron area instead of railing, placing here various useful things needed in the process of cooking. But make sure that their finish was strong enough.
If you fasten the structures on the wall near the dining area, you can decorate them with collections of wine bottles or charming Provence porcelain.
Noble wine requires a respectful attitude toward oneself. And, if you consider yourself a true connoisseur of such a drink, then you need such useful things as shelves for wine bottles.
Уникальные качества букета будут сохранены только в случае, если вы сможете обеспечить правильное хранение вина. А потому, полки для винных бутылок должны быть такими, что позволяют хранить емкости в горизонтальном положении. ATедь в вертикальном в бутылку через пробку может поступать кислород.
Of course, you should not turn the kitchen into a wine cellar, but you can create a unique author's version for storing the drink. Moreover, as a basis, you can take a lot of design solutions.
Even in a small kitchen, you can find a place for storing wine bottles - for this "honeycomb" is installed between hanging cabinets and the ceiling, as a result of which the useful meters below are saved.
Интересными способами хранения винных бутылок также станут: специальное дерево или элементы, встраиваемые в шкаф. ATы также сможете сделать интересные вещи и из обычной полочки, разделив ее внутреннее пространство перегородками, соответствующими размеру бутылок.
ATсе гениальное – просто! Creative shelves with their own hands
And finally, we present to you a selection of ideas of unusual and, at the same time, simple shelves and shelves.
But such shelves can be made from wooden boxes. This option will be appropriate in the kitchen in the style of the cheby chic, loft, country, Provence and not only.
From the pallets you can make a variety of sizes, designs and purpose of the shelf.
See also our additional material: How to make a shelf with your own hands - 4 cool ways for beginners