The range of mixers is so diverse and wide that it is difficult to make the right choice. Some have illumination, other sensory, third chromed. To choose is from what. However, it is important not to be mistaken that the mixer was not only beautiful, but functional and durable.
There are several important points to look out for in order to decide which mixer to choose for the kitchen.
- Choosing a kitchen faucet
- Prefabricated or cast
- Shape and length
- Design solutions
- Cheap or expensive
- Some useful recommendations
- 70 photos of the best faucets for the kitchen
Choosing a kitchen faucet будет несколько отличаться от того, что можно приобрести для ванны. Кухонные краны обладают различными типами механизмов подачи воды:
1. The valve. The structure consists of a swivel spout and two crane-axle boxes. It is with their help that the water supply is regulated. Crane-axle boxes can have a rubber gasket and ceramic. The main advantage of the first is that it can easily be replaced with a new one. However, the ceramic gasket wears out much more slowly. Please note that if you do not have a coarse water filter in the water supply system, this kind of construction will not work for you. After all, water with coarse particles will quickly spoil such a crane;
2. Single lever. Use this design is quite simple. The water is easily opened, the head is regulated by the handle. It is she who drives the adjusting part of the cartridge, so the valve can open and close. When using a quality cartridge, the resource is designed for a million openings and closures of the crane. The cost of such a mixer is greater than the previous one. However, it is more convenient and easier to use;
3. Sensory. You can see this type of crane by looking at the photos of modern faucets in the kitchen. It has great differences from the usual cranes. In its design there is only a spout and an electronic water supply control system. Any other parts on the body are missing. The crane will work thanks to a sensor that responds to infrared radiation. The sensor is configurable. The cost of such a crane is naturally high. The installation of the mixer in the kitchen will also be difficult. Read: Green Kitchen - 55 photos of kitchen interior design ideas in green colors
Choosing a kitchen faucet
It is worth to learn more about all the features to determine exactly which mixer to choose for the kitchen.
Prefabricated or cast
The assembly as can be understood from the name has in the design several parts that are assembled into one single. If properly assembled, any leakage is excluded. The design can be rotated as you like. In cast mixers, a solid body made of metal. The base and swivel spout in this case are connected without a seam, which allows to avoid leaks at the junctions and ensures reliability.
Shape and length
To date, there are many forms of cranes for every taste. If you want beautiful faucets in the kitchen, then you will choose from what. The length of the crane can be small to 18 cm, medium not more than 23.5 cm and large 24 and 28 cm.
Of course, reliability and functionality are important qualities. However, do not forget that the faucet must fit well into the overall interior of the room. Manufacturers are working hard to improve the design of their models, releasing new and more unusual and beautiful mixers in the kitchen. The crane can have a smooth bend, straight, be slanted or in the form of a zigzag. The options are varied.
Cheap or expensive
Of course, you can save on the mixer. However, this can turn into a huge number of problems. Nobody can guarantee the quality of a cheap crane. Therefore, the probability is high that after a short time it will start to work badly and a replacement will be required. The models of proven well-known brands are distinguished by quality and reliability. They are somewhat more expensive. However, they will serve you at times longer.
Some useful recommendations
Mixers made of brass have an average index of reliability and quality. Such a crane is covered with chrome top to improve the corrosion resistance of the metal. In addition, chromium prevents the development of bacteria. Serving such a crane may not be one decade.
One of the most reliable mixers are those made of a chromium alloy and stainless steel. They are quite expensive, but their service life can be as much as 50 years.
70 photos of the best faucets for the kitchen
- Cabinet for the kitchen - how to make the right choice? (125 photos of cabinets in the kitchen)
- Black kitchen - 100 best photo ideas for black kitchen design and color combinations
- Facades for the kitchen - the best ideas of beautiful facades in the interior of the kitchen (70 photos)
- Corner kitchens: TOP-115 photo perfect interior with corner kitchen
- Stylish kitchens - 5 ideas on 110 photos. Original design projects for a stylish kitchen
- Walls in the kitchen - 105 photos of the perfect options for decoration and decoration of the walls
- Glass kitchens: facades, apron, tables - 80 photos of the best design ideas for kitchen design
- Gray kitchen - Nobility and elegance of the kitchen interior in gray tones (75 pics)
- Floor in the kitchen - 105 photos of the ideal floor in the interior of the kitchen