The stove is the most difficult technique in the kitchen, especially if it is gas. After all, unlike electric, it has a grate made of heavy iron, burners that are periodically clogged, and pens that are very quickly dirty with grease. Stationary gas stoves also have a wind and drying cabinet, a back cover or a cover. From this material, you will learn how to clean the gas stove at home from the grilles to the buttons, and also how to make cheap and super-effective cleaning solutions yourself.
8 steps of gas stove cleaning
Before proceeding to the cleaning of your gas stove, turn off the gas supply tap, disconnect it from the electricity with the function of electric ignition, wear rubber gloves and follow our step-by-step instructions.
- Before cleaning
- After cleaning
What you need:
- Vinegar 9% (for cleaning the table, body and handle plates);
- Ammonia alcohol or soda (for cleaning grills and handles);
- Dishwashing liquid;
- Polyethylene bag (for cleaning lattices with ammonia);
- Sponge with a hard side;
- Rags or paper towels;
- Toothpicks (for cleaning cracks);
- Clip, pin or needle (for cleaning the burners).
Step 1. First we will clean the grilles - the most problematic part of the gas stove. Remove them and scrape off the scraped pieces of food, grease and carbon deposits in the corners. Then choose one of three methods of cleaning:
- Method 1. How to clean the grate of the gas stove with soda. Dilute half a cup of soda with water to make a pasty consistency. Spread each grate with the resulting product, paying special attention to the corners and joints, and then leave them for several hours (at this time proceed to the following cleaning steps, described below). After this treatment, remove fat and carbon from the cast iron will be much easier. However, with old dirt it is necessary to tinker a bit, using the hard side of the sponge, detergent or ammonia.
- Method 2. How to clean the grate of the gas stove with ammonia. According to most reviews, this method is the most effective. Moisten the sponge with ammonia and just cover each centimeter of the grate. Then put it in a plastic bag, tie it and leave it for a couple of hours or more (at this time proceed to the next stages of cleaning the plate). At the end, rinse the grate with a dishwashing liquid and remove the exfoliated grease and carbon with a sponge.
- Method 3. How to clean the grate of the gas stove with a soap solution. Grate about a quarter of the laundry soap, dissolve the shavings in hot water (5-7 liters) in a basin or a sink and leave the grates soaked for several hours. After that, wash them clean with dishwashing detergent, if necessary, treat complex areas with ammonia.
Soaking the grilles of the gas cooker
Keep in mind that washing iron grilles in a dishwasher is not only not very effective, but also not useful for cast iron. After all, after so long stay in the water, he will certainly be covered with rust.
Step 2. Remove the covers of the burners and soak them for a while in the basin with a hot soapy solution (you can put it in the same pelvis where the grates are already soaked).
Step 3. Using a dry brush or paper towel, clean the plate of crumbs and any other surface contaminants.
Step 4. We will take care of the burners: remove them, wipe them with a damp cloth and make sure that nothing interferes with the flow of gas. If necessary, clean the openings with a straightened paper clip (pin / needle) and return the burners.
Step 5. Generously spray onto the body of the plate using a spray gun solution of water and vinegar diluted in a 1: 1 ratio. Do not forget to spray the vinegar and on the handles (if they are not removable), the control panel, the back panel of the cooker, the oven, if any. Let the tool work for you for a minute or so. Then wipe the plate with a clean rag or paper towel.
By the way, if the hull of your plate is white, then you can sprinkle it with baking soda and baking soda. The resulting mixture will act on fat and carbon even more effectively, however, leave behind a white coating, which will not be easy to wash off. That is why washing the stove with a mixture of vinegar and soda is not recommended for owners of silver, black and other color models.
Step 5. Soaking the slab in a vinegar solution will help to cope with most of the contaminants. However, in order to clean out the old fatty coating, one should additionally work with one of the following means:
- Means for washing dishes;
- Ammunition of alcohol;
Apply the product to a small brush (the toothbrush is ideal!) And start to clean local impurities in small circular motions.
Step 6. Separately, we should stop at the stage of cleaning the gas stove handles and electric ignition buttons, which are so difficult to clean because of their small size, the existing depressions and slots clogged with fat.
- If the handles are removable, then remove them and soak for several hours in a solution of equal parts of vinegar and water or in a hot solution of grated laundry soap. If, after such treatment, the old fat is still not removed, treat complex areas with saline and water solution (1: 1), let the alcohol work for 5-10 minutes and clean the handles clean.
- How do I clean the gas sticks if they are not removed? The principle of operation is simple: treatment with "vinegar + water" or "ammonia + water" solutions, soaking for 10 minutes, cleaning with a toothbrush in a circular motion. The clefts should be cleaned with a toothpick.
Step 7. If your gas cooker has an oven, it's time to clean it. Follow our step-by-step instructions to do this efficiently and correctly.
Step 8. Return the clean grilles, burners and their covers back into place, make sure that the alcohol has evaporated (if you used it) and check the work of the plate.