In nature, blue colors always surrounded a person on the sea and in the sky, that is, almost all other colors. Therefore, at the subconscious level, blue is liked by most people. Designers appreciate this color for their ability to refresh boring interiors and ennoble them. However, if the heat is in the kitchen in blue tones it will be nice, then on winter evenings - it's not so cozy anymore. Another disadvantage - the blue kitchen will reduce the appetite of the household.
- For those who want to plan the design of the blue kitchen so that it turned out cozy and warm, we prepared 5 tips and 60 inspirational photos.
Making out the interior of the blue kitchen, you need to keep in mind the following key features of color:
- Effects on humans: calms, emotionally counterbalances, but at the same time contributes to concentration and intellectual activity. Physiological effect - lowers the pressure and, as we have already noted, reduces the appetite. Blue interiors give the impression of noble, reliable and strict, but the use of indigo color in large doses can make the situation a bit gloomy and too cold, uncomfortable.
- Who is most suitable: calm and reserved people, leading a measured or business way of life.
- In what kitchens looks best: in those in which the windows face south, bright and spacious rooms.
- Optical properties: visually distances, narrows, but at the same time heavier items of furniture or any surfaces. Has a cold temperature.
- Opposite (additional) color in the spectrum: yellow.
- The most suitable styles are: Mediterranean, provence, some ethnic, Scandinavian, as well as empire and Remodeling.
5 tips for coloring the kitchen
Reception 1. We use as an accent
To avoid the feeling of cold and gloom, but to make the right amount of freshness in the kitchen interior, it is best to use blue only in accents.
- Curtains, tablecloths, napkins, upholstery of chairs, dishes, apron, wallpaper on one wall, wall decor or part of the headset can become an excellent color chord.
- Painting or pasting the blue wallpaper on only one wall, you visually give it a little and make the kitchen more spacious.
- Keep in mind that food is less appetizing against the background of blue, so decorating the dining and working areas, prefer blue or turquoise shades, or combine blue with flowers that increase appetite, for example, with yellow or orange as shown in the following photo.
Other examples of blue accents in the interior of the kitchen are presented in the next photo slider.
Reception 2. We use in mass and dilute with white
If the kitchen is spacious, well lit and the sun shines frequently outside the window, the blue color may well be the main color and decorate the walls, the floor or the kitchen set.
- And yet, even under the most favorable conditions, it is recommended to dilute it in a 1: 1 or 1: 2 ratio with a more neutral color, ideally with white.
White paint compensates for all the shortcomings of blue, making it more fun and effective. This pair can be taken as a basis, and then add to it another 1-3 additional colors.
- By the way, white is especially appropriate when you want to enter into the interior of any ethnic motives. For example, Gzhel painting (pictured below), Chinese or Delft porcelain, Dutch tiles or Spanish tiles.
Other examples of the design of white and blue cuisine can be seen in the next selection of photos.
Reception 3. We warm the situation with an abundance of wood
The natural tree - warm, touching and looking, in any shade, form and processing, is perfectly combined with blue. In whatever style you design the interior - classical or modern, the tree will make the blue even more noble. Wooden in the kitchen can be floor, furniture or at least a table top.
Admission 4. Adding gold, copper or bronze
Due to its warmth, gold, copper, brass and bronze in the interior of the blue kitchen will look much better than chrome, steel and silver.
- Especially "warm" metals will be appropriate in the kitchen in the Art Deco style, classic, loft and in all ethnic interiors.
- Here's what can be metallic in the kitchen: furniture handles, cutlery, frameworks of fixtures, a mixer, details of home appliances, decor items, accessories for curtains (holders, cornice, etc.).
Reception 5. We select good colors-companions
So, we already noted that the blue color is especially friendly with white and wooden textures. When planning the design of the future kitchen, pay attention to the following harmonious combinations:
- In a monochrome scale: the combination of all related shades of blue with each other, that is, from blue to black to turquoise, will be successful.
- In the neutral range: a combination with close neighbors in the spectrum - green, purple, lilac, pink, as well as neutral colors - brown, beige and gray.
- In the contrasting range: except for white, it also combines with its warm opposites - yellow, orange, red.
- FROM black color Our hero also fits well, but, provided a lot of the interior - white, and small - black.
Photo gallery of ideas
The set is blue in the interior
If you decide to buy a completely blue headset, here are a couple of tips to help you with the choice:
- Refer to the headset with glossy facades with care. After all, gloss, although neutralizes the feeling of heaviness of blue furniture, but at the same time enhances the feeling of cold.
- Classic headsets are better to choose in a reserved dark, gray-blue shade, but modern kitchens can be any shade.
If the kitchen is not lighted well, then, as already noted, blue wallpaper is recommended to glue only one wall. And here is a selection of photo interiors of kitchens with blue wallpaper.
FROMиний фартук гарнитура,с одной стороны, - отличная идея, ведь этот цвет ассоциируется с чистотой и в оформлении фрагмента стены может создать иллюзию расширения пространства. Но, как уже было сказано ранее, еда на таком фоне может выглядеть не аппетитно. Положение смогут исправить деревянные, желтые, оранжевые и красные детали.
Photo-examples of blue aprons in the interior of the kitchen.
FROMиние шторы в интерьере кухни
Finish the article with a selection of photos of blue curtains in the interior of the kitchen and the latest advice:
- Elegant monochrome blue curtains are more suitable for decorating the dining room or living room area in combined kitchen, and for the usual kitchen is better to choose curtains in a cage, a strip, with flowers and patterns, that is, more relaxed in style and pattern.