In the kitchen of 7 square meters is not particularly roam. That's why you have to include all your imaginative imagination in order to arrange everything in the kitchen and leave room to work on it.
What not to do in a small kitchen
- It is not necessary to give preference to the island arrangement in the kitchen. Even the U-shaped layout will be out of place in a kitchen measuring 7 sq. M.
- Try to choose compact furniture to save space.
- Avoid large dimensions in interior items. Do not also glue wallpaper with large drawings, as they visually reduce the space.
- Do not hang the window with heavy curtains - a natural light in a small kitchen is simply necessary.
- Multilevel ceiling "steals" the visual space of your kitchen.
- Try to avoid too dark colors of the kitchen set - light colors can create the illusion of a large space.
- Do not litter the kitchen with an excessive amount of accessories.
Choosing a kitchen set for the kitchen in 7 squares is worth stopping at two options, namely: angular and linear.
The U-shaped design can also come up, but only for a studio apartment, or on condition that you will be dining in another room, since this arrangement almost leaves no room for a dining table.
Linear placement of the kitchen set is provided along a long wall, while do not neglect the height of the lockers, in a confined space try to make them as high as possible, which will add roominess.
The opposite side of the kitchen will be free to accommodate a dining table or a bar counter. On the wall there is room for a TV, and if you do not need it in the kitchen, then you can provide additional shelves for useful kitchen things.
The corner arrangement of the headset is considered the most acceptable for small kitchens. In this case, there is room for variations in the location of the sink: on the edge of the headset or in the corner.
The angular version of the sink placement is more suitable, since in the corner it will be possible to cut a larger sink without damaging the valuable area of the countertop.
Also, with a corner kitchen set, you will be able to form the perfect kitchen triangle, which consists of a refrigerator, a sink and a hob. It is extremely undesirable to tear it open with a doorway.
An important advice - all appliances in a small kitchen should be built-in and multifunctional. To have a separate oven and microwave in such a kitchen is wasteful.
Table top and apron
To design an apron is best in the tone of the color scheme of the kitchen, but here you are free to choose yourself.
It is undesirable to use a ceramic tile for finishing an apron of large sizes - this will be expensive, as it will have to be cut a lot. It is better to use tiles not of large sizes or even mosaic. Such an apron will look harmoniously on a small kitchen.
The material for the countertop can be anything, chipboard, MDF, natural stone or even concrete. It all depends on your financial capabilities.
Useful advice - the working surface of the countertop can be increased if you replace the window sill.
Table or bar
When choosing between a table and a bar, it is worth taking into account the same lack of space. If you are a supporter of the classic table, then be ready to sacrifice a free place. Chairs are better to choose lungs, because in conditions of tightness they will often have to be moved.
But the best option will be a folding table-transformer, able to fold against the wall. However, in this case it's better not to be stingy - in the conditions of permanent unfolding the cheap option can quickly become worthless.
The choice of a bar and chairs is also suitable for a mini-kitchen - it will save precious centimeters, and can be used not only for food, but also as a cooking area.
It would seem, a mere trifle - curtains in the kitchen, but with the help of them you can both visually increase the space, and "steal" a good piece of territory.
Here are the main criteria that need to be guided when choosing curtains in a small kitchen:
- Undesirable dark tones and large drawings on the curtains. Also do not hang the curtains on the floor. Light short curtains are suitable for a small kitchen much better.
- Kitchen curtains must have increased bandwidth, so that the kitchen is illuminated even with curtains drawn.
- Kitchen curtains should be treated with a special impregnation, repelling dirt and grease.
- In small kitchens curtains can be next to the hob, so it's better to protect yourself from fire by choosing a natural fabric that is not as susceptible to ignition as synthetics.
- To visually expand a room with a narrow window, you should hang the cornice, which will be one and a half times the width of the window. Curtains with horizontal stripes or patterns will also help. Vertical same prints can make the ceiling longer.
Chandelier or ceiling light
As already mentioned above, dimensional objects are extremely undesirable in a small kitchen, so a big beautiful chandelier should be forgotten. And here the chandelier of the average sizes quite will approach, especially dimensions of the kitchen will allow to shine all space only one lamp.
But spotlights still look preferable, because visually even a small chandelier will take up space.
It is worthwhile to worry about lighting the work area. This is very important for security reasons, since you will have to deal with sharp objects. As an option, you can install the lamps built into the lockers, which will not take up much space.
Following all the tips for planning and arranging a kitchen of 7 square meters, you can save a lot of space and turn it into a cozy and functional workshop for preparing culinary masterpieces.
Kitchen design 7 square meters photo
More pictures of the small kitchen can be found in our photo gallery where 320+ photo examples from professional designers are presented.