Khrushchevs called 5-storey houses of Soviet buildings with small apartments and close rooms. Kitchen in such housing is extremely modest in size - only 6 square meters. meters.
To equip such a room in such a way that it was not only comfortable, but attractive in appearance, extremely difficult. However, there are some secrets of designers who will help to cope with this task.
Choosing the best layout for the kitchen in Khrushchev
Corner Layout - this variant of arrangement of kitchen in Khrushchev is the most correct and convenient. It allows you to make maximum use of space, making it more functional and comfortable.
The set, set by the letter G, is ideal for creating the right working triangle, which consists of a refrigerator, a sink and a plate. All furniture in the angular layout is located in such a way that in the kitchen there is still free space for movement.
There are rules that make the L-shaped kitchen in Khrushchev even more convenient:
- Between household appliances should be kept clearances about 5 cm wide.
- The headset should be high, capacious, and at the same time compact.
- Built-in appliances will help to save even more space. Thus it is recommended to choose so-called "mini" devices.
- Instead of a large bulky slab, use a small cooking surface. If the family is small, it will be enough to have a 2-burner device.
- The sink should be moved to the window opening, then it will be possible to place the corner set more harmoniously, using all the niches in the room.
Linear Layout - a good solution for arranging the interior of the kitchen in Khrushchev. With this layout, the headset is installed along one of the walls in a solid line. Thus, there is still enough room in the room to arrange other furniture.
With a linear layout, you can equip a dining table using a wide sill - for this, you need to attach a flip top to it. All lockers in the headset, both hinged and floor, should be as spacious as possible. The higher the headset itself, the more useful space it has.
Advice! To ensure uniform lighting in such a kitchen, it is recommended to use a ceiling light, or to install the required number of spotlights. Over the dining table you can arrange a large chandelier.
The correct arrangement of furniture in the kitchen in Khrushchev
Choosing furniture for such a kitchen, preference should be given to the folding and sliding, rather than swinging doors. Even more free space will help folding dining table and chairs.
Also it is worth buying furniture that can be easily transformed - for example, with sliding sections, adapted for storage, and suitable for the role of countertops.
Oddly enough, large, rather than small, elements of decor will help visually increase space in a small kitchen. Also it is necessary to use all kinds of glossy and mirror surfaces. It is recommended that you avoid open shelves and give preference to enclosed cabinets.
Horizontal parts in the kitchen in Khrushchev should be as small as possible. Visually expand the space of vertical lines - for example, narrow and high floor cabinets.
Bar counter - a great way to save space in a small kitchen. It can be used instead of a dining table by placing several high bar stools next to each other.
If the table top is wide enough, its base can be used for storage: for example, to install a breadbox or a microwave oven.
Kitchen table - designers advise to use a glass table of rectangular shape, which can be propped against the wall. It visually increases space, besides, does not take up much space. A round table for a small kitchen is by far not the best option.
Chairs can also be chosen transparent, made of special durable plastic. Angular sofas occupy too much space, so they are also better to refuse. Even in the role of a dining table can act a wide sill, supplemented with a folding table top.
Fridge - it's hard to imagine a kitchen without this household device. The hostess actively uses it in the process of cooking, constantly opening and closing the door.
However, it is rather difficult to place the refrigerator in the kitchen in the Khrushchevka in such a way that it does not interfere and does not take up much space. The best option is a small refrigerator built into the furniture, but this idea is not suitable for a large family.
There are other options for placing the refrigerator:
- Install it in a niche that fits in size;
- embedded in the base of the countertop, if the refrigerator - single-chamber;
- take the refrigerator out of the kitchen - for example, on the covered balcony, or in the corridor;
- Install the refrigerator in the corner near the window, next to the hob.
Gas column - most often this device in the Khrushchev blocks is carefully concealed, hiding it behind the facades of a hanging cabinet located above the working area.
Do not place the gas column near the gas stove, refrigerator and extractor. As for the locker behind which it is hidden - it is made of special refractory materials.
However, you can completely do without such a locker. It is enough to install a column between two hanging cabinets, and then attach a false facade that closes to the magnet.
It is important to remember that in the kitchen with the gas column there must be an entrance door, it can not be replaced by an arch (this requirement is dictated by the safety instruction).
Appliances - Ideal option should be called built-in appliances, integrated in the headset. It is better to have a compact size.
From some household appliances, which are used extremely rarely, it is worth completely giving up. A bulky board should be replaced with a small cooking surface.
In one of the niches the headset can be built in an oven of compact dimensions. The hood should be placed above the work surface (its design should also be small). Right next to the sink, in a special niche, you can install a washing machine.
How to combine living room and kitchen in Khrushchev
Before you combine the kitchen in the Khrushchev with the living room, you should remember the important technical points. The current legislation states that apartment owners can not independently wash the sink, stove and other kitchen appliances outside the apartment. When combining such a space, the kitchen, along with all communications, should remain in its place.
It is forbidden to equip the kitchen in a new way directly above the neighbor's living room from the bottom. It is not allowed to demolish the supporting wall between the living room and the kitchen unauthorized - you can do this only if you have a special permit.
We should not forget about the powerful hood, or the air conditioning system. In the living room, foreign smells should not freely penetrate from the kitchen. No less important is the lighting system of the kitchen-living room in Khrushchev.
To ensure that the light was sufficient in the working and living areas, it is necessary to install a set of spotlights, adding to their main chandelier above the dining table. If necessary, you can also use wall sconces in the living room area.
Very seriously you need to approach the zoning of the combined kitchen-living room.
There are several ways to do this:
- Peninsula - in its role can act set in the middle of the table, or attached to the wall countertop. It is important that these elements are in harmony with both the kitchen area and the dining area.
- Cushioned furniture - for example, a small sofa set in the middle of the room, as well as several comfortable armchairs with a compact coffee table.
- Two-level ceiling - a stylish and concise way to divide a single room into separate zones so that they still look like a single whole.
- Two-level floor - with its help you can slightly raise the kitchen area, in addition, such a floor reliably conceals all kitchen communications from prying eyes.
- Sliding doors - A stylish and simple solution that allows you to clearly define the boundaries of both zones. The main feature of this method of zoning kitchen-living room can be called its ability at any time to quickly fence off the kitchen - you just need to push the doors.
- Installation of different lighting zones of the kitchen-living room - one of the simplest and most popular ways of zoning rooms.
- Screen or curtains - A simple, cheap and effective way to divide the living room and kitchen areas.
- Living plants - an excellent way to beautifully divide the room, as well as significantly revitalize it.
- Bar counter - its role can carry a part of the partition from the wall, which separates the kitchen and the living room. To finish the rack, you can use natural wood, ceramic tiles, mosaics or facing stones.
- Arch - this way of zoning is often used by the owners of small apartments. Decorate the arch can be miniature lamps, located directly on its design.
- Walls of different tones - Another very affordable way of zoning the kitchen-living room. Colors can be in one color, or contrast.
- Wooden partition - use this method of zoning can be combined with a small difference in the height of the ceiling.
How to combine kitchen in Khrushchev with a balcony
The combination of a kitchen with a balcony will help solve the problem of arranging a small room. To organize an ideal kitchen area with maximum functionality, do not completely demolish the wall - designers are advised to leave the lower part of it together with the window sill. This design can become an original part of the interior, turning into a bar counter, or even a full-fledged dining table.
In addition, you can take a refrigerator to the balcony with a kitchen. Thus, the room immediately freed and becomes more spacious. To this part of the kitchen looked more attractive, on the site of the former wall you can equip the arch, giving it an interesting shape.
It is also necessary to take care of the good lighting of the newly purchased kitchen area by placing the required number of spotlights in it. To make the room really look like a single unit, the same materials should be used for its finishing. Of course, both zones must be made in the same style.
Kitchen layout in Khrushchev video
A small kitchen in Khrushchev can be decorated with taste and make it comfortable. See the real example in this video.
Kitchen in Khrushchev successful planning (real photos)