Sink made of artificial stone can transform any kitchen. The material is problematic to distinguish from natural, which is actively used by designers to create luxurious interiors.Round sinks made of artificial stone - great for a small kitchen.
Advantages of artificial stone in the homogeneity of the structure, resistance to thermal and chemical effects. Modern technology makes it possible to create unique forms of various colors. With proper use, the appearance of the sink remains more than 10 years.Products made of artificial stone meet hygiene requirements, because they do not accumulate fungus and bacteria.
Varieties of stone sinks
Shells made of stone have a molded shape. In the market there is a great variety of not only shapes but also colors.
Variety of forms:
- round, oval - ideal for a small kitchen, the absence of corners facilitates installation and maintenance, but a number of materials can change color at the point of bending;
- angle - allows you to use every inch of space, practical and convenient;
- rectangular, square - are considered classics and look in the interior stylishly, but are problematic when cleaning the surface.
Whatever the shape of the sink, the size of the sink should allow it to freely place in it used dishes, pans. In this regard, rectangular washers are winning. If there is insufficient depth, water splashes will fall on the countertop, and a deep bowl is inconvenient to operate.Rectangular models are more spacious than round ones.
By the way of mounting the products are divided into:
- Integrated - are on the same level with the countertop and represent with it a single canvas. The installation of such models is complicated due to the large size and weight. If the table top or sink is damaged, both components must be replaced.
- Mortise - Installed in the hole in the countertop.
- Overhead - placed over the countertop. The advantages of such models are simple installation and cheapness. However, during use, there is a high risk of moisture entering the sink.
Sinks with several bowls are popular. They are justified with frequent cooking. The number of bowls determines the functionality. For example, one large capacity is more practical than three small ones. But for large families this indicator is not taken into account.Beige color wash is usually a universal choice for kitchen interior.
In one bowl it is possible to add dishes, in another - to wash, in the third - to clean products. In modern washers the number of bowls can reach up to five. They differ in size, shape, depth, which determines their functionality. Additionally, the sink may have side wings for drying dishes. If space allows, then do not ignore their availability.Whatever the spots were not visible, take a sink in a dark marble crumb, the most practical option for a kitchen sink. Any stains and dirt on such a surface will not catch your eye.
Using different staining technologies allows you to get a sink in any color scheme. It is believed that dark color is more practical. Manufacturers offer shells of natural shades.
Common colors are:
- different shades of brown;
Russian companies produce products that are not typical for natural stone - green, violet, pink, red.
Advantages and disadvantages
Among the advantages of stone sinks can be identified:
- Moisture resistance. A special coating protects the surface from aggressive moisture.
- Chemical Resistance. The material does not enter into chemical reactions with most of the means used in everyday life.
- Not noisy. Water strikes against the stone surface quietly enough.
- Easy to keep clean. On the surface there are no white spots from the water. The bacteria do not multiply on the walls, provoking an unpleasant smell.
- Withstand high temperatures. Depending on the model and material used, the washing can be operated with objects at 180-280 degrees.
- Environmental Safety. Stone crumb is a natural material, not dangerous for the human body.Wide range of colors. The use of various dyes allows you to get any color. Resistance to mechanical damage. Glossy metal surfaces are more quickly scratched.
- Possibility of manufacturing a product on individual orders.
- Long service life - more than 10 years.
- High strength. Artificial stone is 2-3 times stronger than natural stone.
- Mechanical damage is amenable to repair. To remove scratches I use fine-grained sandpaper. The chips are eliminated with acrylic glue, followed by mashing the joint.
The cons of the product include:
- High price.
- Budget options do not tolerate temperature changes.
- Large mass.
- Dimensional products, combined with the table top, often split without the possibility of recovery. It is better to choose embedded models - if one element is damaged, do not change the second one. If desired, you can pick up the countertop and the sink in one color.
- If the temperature drops, spots may appear.
- A lot of low-grade fakes of world brands.
Kitchen sink made of artificial stone. How to choose and which one is better to buy?
Is it artificial stone or stainless steel?
Stainless steel has also proven itself as a wash material:
- It fits well in most interiors.
- High hygienic properties.
- It transfers sharp temperature changes.
- Affordable price.
However, the sink made of artificial stone has advantages over stainless steel:
- A variety of colors and textures.
- The ability to make deep products.
- Stylish design.
- Less visible are stains, splashes.
- Can be used with mixers of various designs.
- Does not scratch, does not fade. Stainless steel can easily be scratched with abrasive material when cleaning the sink. In places of damage, dirt accumulates quickly, bacteria develop. In addition, the scratched surface becomes unsafe for use when working with food.
- Safe and environmentally friendly product.
- Low noise due to sound-absorbing substrate.
When choosing between a stainless steel or artificial stone sink, you must accurately determine the required performance. If you require an original design and aesthetic appearance, it is better to purchase a stone sink.Sink with a wide "wing" makes the working area functional and practical, and washing dishes comfortable.
But if there is a lack of financial resources, it will be better to buy a stainless sink, since cheap artificial stone is poorly maintained and quickly deteriorates.
How to choose
When choosing a number of parameters: kitchen design, its yardage, the volume of used dishes, the cost of the product.
Artificial stone is a mixed material. In its composition, stone crumb and gluing polymer. The ideal ratio is 80% of the crumb and 20% of the polymer. The last component will determine the strength of the sink.White and black shells require better care, as dirty places are visible on them.
On the outer surface of protection - gelcoat. Its main task is to close the pores and prevent dirt from entering. Also, some manufacturers additionally use antibacterial compounds to protect against pathogenic microflora.
The most durable are products made from granite chips - they withstand strong bumps and are not scratched. More capricious marble sinks. They can scratch, have chipped. However, it is quite easy to repair such a product.Sinks made of artificial stone are combined with any table top and look very stylish.
Чем больше размер мойки, тем она практичнее. Однако габаритное изделие неуместно в небольшой кухне. В таком случае лучше выбрать узкую, но глубокую мойку. Хорошим вариантом будет angle мойка.The angular arrangement of the sink allows to optimize the working space.
In a large room you can use a product of any shape and size. On additional wings leave the washed dishes, and in a small compartment - products for defrosting.On the photo, a mortise sink made of artificial stone on a half separation, with drying, black.
If there is a dishwasher, the sink may be small. It will only rinse the dishes. The presence of several bowls is justified with frequent cooking and the number of people living more than 3 people.In a small kitchen, the built-in dispenser for liquid soap is especially convenient so there is nothing superfluous on the countertop.
Many models have a matte surface, but you can also find a metallic. As a rule, the color is chosen natural. Manufacturers offer 4-12 shades. The cost of domestic models is 1.5-3 times less than foreign analogues. The price range is 3-100 thousand rubles.
Do not choose cheap options, as manufacturers save on raw materials. Such products need special care and caution during use.
In order not to buy a fake, you should follow the following rules:
- Acquire brand goods only in distribution centers.
- Quality products can not cost a lot. Each brand has a certain cost price.
- A good manufacturer does not save on packaging. The box should have a logo, and the cardboard must be moisture resistant and dense.
- The product must have clear contours. Errors in geometry will be problematic to hide during installation.
- Before going to the store, you should study the products of quality manufacturers on the Internet.
Many foreign companies have patented their production technologies, which causes different names for artificial stone: franganite, siligranite, tegranite, crystallite, etc. In fact, this is practically the same material.
The standard of a sink from an artificial stone it is possible to name products of Swiss company Franke. It has many companies around the world, including the Russian Federation. The patented Fragranite DuraKleen material is used. The peculiarity of the technology is that quartz is colored, and not the molding mass. This allows you to achieve amazing color fastness.Many designers prefer to combine the color of the countertop and stone sink.
In second place you can put the German company Blanco. The patented development of silGranit with high operational properties is used. A variety of shapes, sizes and colors allows you to choose the perfect sink.
Quality products are offered by the Slovenian company Alveus, using artificial stone Algranit. As a binder is used safe acrylic.A sink made of artificial stone will always add a drop of personality to the kitchen.
The leader of the domestic market is GranFest LLC "Comfort Formula". Models of different shapes are produced.
When choosing a product, remember that a quality product will not be cheap. The products of listed companies belong to the highest price category.
To maintain the original appearance of the product requires special care.
- After use, wipe the bottom and the sides of the sink with a soapy sponge, rinse with water, and wipe dry.
- Once a week, remove the coating and treat with a special antibacterial agent.
- Hot dishes should be placed on a special stand.
- Before pouring boiling water, turn on cold water. This will avoid a sharp drop and will eliminate cracks.
There are many myths about stone washes: the bottom falls off, quickly loses color, etc. All of them are of poor quality. A good stone sink will last over 10 years without changing the appearance. It is not only practical in operation, but also becomes a "highlight" of the kitchen interior.To achieve the ideal cleanliness of the stone sink, you can use home remedies, for example, lemon juice.
Kitchen sink made of artificial stone (real photo)