Previously, we already wrote about how difficult it is to write a violet color into the kitchen interior. And how are things with his closest relative - a lilac shade? It's definitely easier to work with him, because he's not so gloomy and dark. However, it also has its own characteristics, which everyone should know, who is at the stage of planning or updating the design of the kitchen.
General Characteristics of Color
Creating the interior of the lilac kitchen, you need to keep in mind the following properties of this color:
Effects on humans: in small doses and not too saturated shades calms and pacifies, relieves anxiety, but in the array and with prolonged exposure begins to induce melancholy and plunge into melancholy. Another property - it lowers the appetite.
Who is most suitable: romantics, women, people of creative professions, people who follow the diet.
In what kitchens looks best: in the kitchen, the windows of which look to the south.
Additional color in the spectrum: yellow.
The most suitable styles: pop art, country, Scandinavian and, of course, provence (pictured).
5 secrets on the application in the interior of the kitchen
Tip 1. A win-win technique is lilac in accents
In nature, lilac shades are not common, and designers in the color design of interiors prefer to adhere to the same principle.
If lilac cuisine is liked only by the boldest originals, then the kitchen with lilac accents, but designed mainly in a neutral range, will look universal, cozy and fresh. You can use as an accent: an apron, curtains, a lamp, upholstery of chairs, dishes or wall decor.
- In the interior of the kitchen, lilac, amethyst, lavender, lilac, purple shades look best in the form of textiles: upholstery of furniture, curtains, tablecloths, napkins, pillow cases, lampshades and rugs.
- Keep in mind that against the background of a cold lilac shade, for example, against the background of a purple apron, the food will look not very appetizing, but on a pinkish-lilac background - very nice. Therefore, decorating the working or dining area, try to choose the decor (curtains, apron, dishes) in a warmer shade of lilac. However, cold colors can also be "warmed up" by companion colors of warm shades and an abundance of wood textures (for example, the same lilac apron can be supplemented with a wooden countertop).
Tip 2. How to choose the right shades for decorating walls and large furniture?
If you want to buy a lilac kitchen or paste on all the walls a lilac wallpaper, here are some tips to take note:
- Kitchen in lilac color in its pure form is suitable only for very modern interiors in Scandinavian style or in the style of pop art. More universal option - a kitchen set with fronts of a gray-lilac shade. Both examples are shown in the photo below.
Set in the interior of the kitchen-living room
In the style of pop art
- To decorate the walls, you can use wallpaper or paint of any shade from lilac to purple, but it is best to choose light colors that visually increase the space and do not "eat" natural light.
- Choosing wallpaper or wall paint, consider that for kitchens facing north and poorly lit, pinkish shades are more suitable, but for "southern" - any, including cold tones with an admixture of blue and blue.
- Interior of kitchen-living room with insufficient lighting
- Cold shade
- Cold shade
Tip 3. How to dilute the lilac color
В какой бы пропорции вы не использовали сиреневый цвет - в роли основного or акцентного - его обязательно нужно разбавлять нейтральными оттенками.
- White color - perfectly combined with lilac, makes it fresh, elegant and not so dreary. White-lilac can be furniture, curtains, and wallpaper, and textiles. This combination is especially important for small and "northern" cuisines.
- Сделать кухню в сиреневых тонах более уютной можно с помощью изобorя натуральных коричневых и бежевых красок, например, деревянных и каменных материалов. Так, например, светло-лиловая кухня на фото ниже благодаря деревянной столешнице, плетеным стульям, каменному полу и белым стенам вполне гармонична в обстановке в стиле кантри.
Tip 4. Secret designer weapons - creamy shade of yellow, bronze and gold
As you know, the brightest and harmonious combinations of colors are obtained from two opposites of the spectrum. Lilac is a weakly saturated purple, so for him, as for his "parent", the additional color is yellow. However, in pure form, yellow and lemon colors in combination with our hero will look too much contrast, so give preference to light, creamy shades.
- Bronze and gold - also look great in a pair with all shades of lilac. Furniture accessories, wallpaper elements, household appliances, cornice for curtains, photo frames and pictures, cutlery and other accessories will decorate the interior of the lilac kitchen. It would seem a trifle, but in practice this simple trick is very effective. The main thing here is to know the measure.
Tip 5. It also goes well with ...
Итак, несколько удачных сочетаний мы уже отметor, а какие еще цвета могут гармонично соседствовать с объектом нашего анализа?
- In the monochrome range - lilac, purple, phlox, amethyst, lavender, purple are combined with each other and with all related tones: purple, blue, pink and blue.
- In contrasting range: cold lilac can be combined with shades of red and orange in retro interiors in the style of pop art. But in combination with black color, light purple tones will look great in the interior of the kitchen in Scandinavian style. A good example of this design in the photo below.
- In a neutral range: with all natural colors - white, beige, brown, gray, green.
Separately, it is worth highlighting the green color, which in the natural environment is always surrounded by delicate flowers of lilac, phlox, lavender, bells, hydrangeas and other plants. As you know, nature is never mistaken in a colorist, so when planning a kitchen design, be sure to dilute the main gamut green at least in the form of indoor plants and you'll see that the interior will become more cozy and alive.