The main advantage of linoleum, lies in its not a large price range and ease of installation. Modern flooring models have a rich pattern and a dense texture.
Thanks to this you can put it in any room. Most consumers ask the same question: "Which linoleum to choose for the kitchen?". What subtleties is important to learn during the selection?
Modern models of linoleum for the kitchen well repel moisture and pollution. It does not leave any traces from the kitchen set and other furniture.
Due to the low price, linoleum is considered a rather popular type of flooring. By its external features it can hardly be distinguished from laminate or parquet. On the surface there is an imitation of a real tree.
How to choose linoleum, artificial or natural?
Before buying, buyers are interested in: "Which linoleum is better for the kitchen?". The matter is that modern technologies help to receive natural and artificial floor covering. Each of these species has both positive and negative sides.
Natural linoleum for the kitchen is made with the use of natural materials and resins, which are not toxic and do not emit harmful substances in the residential interior. The service life of such coating can reach about 20 years.
We also recommend:
- Pistachio color kitchen - 75 photos of the perfect combination in the interior
- Paul in the kitchen - which one to choose? 55 photos of ideas and novelties in the interior of the kitchen
- Filter for water in the kitchen - which one to choose? Browse popular models!
It perfectly resists household influences. There are no residues of grease and dirt on its surface. Another advantage of this linoleum is its thermal insulation properties. As a result, it is compared to a natural cork coating. All these qualities make it the best linoleum for the kitchen.
The only drawback of this coverage is its price range. The presence of natural ingredients in the composition makes it much more expensive than artificial.
We also recommend:
- Kitchen with dishwasher - a dream of every mistress! 70 photos of new design.
- Lighting in the kitchen: the rules for the ideal organization of lighting in the kitchen (75 pics)
- Kitchen in Khrushchev - 100 photos of small kitchen design in Khrushchev
Artificial flooring consists of synthetic resins and components. The service life is about 6 to 10 years. Artificial materials that are part of the linoleum are not capable of adding strength to it.
Its surface has a decorative pattern, which is sufficiently resistant to abrasion. Typically, the artificial coating consists of several layers. The lower and upper layers help to withstand household stresses. The main disadvantage of this linoleum is the presence of a pungent smell, which eventually evaporates.
If you chose the artificial linoleum, then it's better to give your preference to semi commercial coating. It well withstands mechanical loads.
We also recommend:
- Kitchen with balcony - decorated stylishly and tastefully. Interesting layout options for 90 photos.
- Modular kitchens - excellent and modern design (73 photos)
- Arch to the kitchen: design options, designer tips, photo examples!
Its thickness reaches 1.5 ml. It is worth noting that a thick canvas, which has a lot of weight, will serve much more than a thin linoleum.
What linoleum to put in the kitchen, choose for yourself. The main thing in this business is to weigh all the pros and cons.
Modern technologies do not stand still. In building stores a huge selection of linoleum is presented. The most popular models are imitating a log house of natural wood, a parquet board. A picture of linoleum in the kitchen will help you make the right choice.
Simulating ceramic tiles helps create a luxurious interior of the kitchen area. On sale there is a linoleum of bright and juicy colors, which is suitable for creative people.
Basic Selection Rules
How to choose linoleum for the kitchen? Experts recommend the following recommendations:
- on the surface, there must be a uniform pattern;
- a wide blade, will make the coating perfectly smooth;
- during delivery linoleum should be twisted in a roll, then on its surface there will be no creases and cracks;
- absence of strong odor.
Laying linoleum does not require special skills. Everything is simple enough. Before laying the fabric, it is important to make sure the surface is perfectly in perfect condition.
Here, there should not be any unevenness. Defects can occur after a certain time.
Therefore, before laying, work on leveling the floor surface in the kitchen.
Photo of linoleum in the kitchen