On the one hand, wallpapers are an easy way to radically and quickly transform an interior:
- visually increase small kitchen;
- Raise the low ceiling;
- large space to make more chamber;
- to divide the united premises into zones;
- "Adjust" the situation for themselves and their families.
On the other hand, if you decorate one wall with wallpaper, you immediately turn it into accent, that is, practically the main detail of the interior of the kitchen, and so it can both decorate it and spoil it.
Взгляните на фото ниже и представьте этот мужской и немного стандартный интерьер без картины Александра Дейнеки “Бег” на стенах. На наш взгляд, именно она придала этой кухне-гостиной характер, динамику и стиль. Проект студии Liturinsky & Leost.
In this article we will give information to those who still doubt, and those who have already made up their minds, we will throw a few ideas for inspiration and advice on the choice of materials. Well, for those who are ready to glue the walls, we invite you to watch the video with the master class for gluing yourself.
A bit of theory and trickery
So, in your kitchen there is an empty wall and you are ready to turn it into an art object. But first you have to understand what disadvantages and dignities are in the wall and the kitchen as a whole. After all, the main plus of photo wallpapers is their ability to visually, but noticeably change the perception of space and this should be used. Here are techniques that will help you choose the design of photo wallpapers.
If the kitchen is small
If the area of your kitchen is less than 10 square meters. m, then you need to choose either wallpaper with a light background and the same neutral, unobtrusive pattern, or panoramic images and photos with a pronounced perspective. Forest paths, bridges, city streets, stairs, terraces, mountain and seascapes will become a "portal" to another world and will increase your kitchen. Below are wallpapers for a small kitchen in the interior (some photos in this material can be flipped to the right).
- and yet with similar "portals" and the effect of the looking-glass you need to be careful. Not always in the kitchen in the city apartment will be appropriate forest path, and in a country house or at the dacha - a view of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- In addition, the drawing should not be voluminous, that is, for example, large buds of flowers will pull the blanket over themselves and "squeeze" space.
If the kitchen is low ceilings
If your kitchen has ceilings below 2.5 m, then you need to choose wallpaper with vertical lines of the picture or those that are shot with an angle from the bottom up. And it can be, again, cityscapes with the image of skyscrapers, towers, statues, skyscrapers, trees and stripes will also suit.
Another idea of design - you can simply draw a narrow section of the wall from floor to ceiling or above the table as shown in the photo below.
If the kitchen is narrow
The narrow kitchen will visually stretch a panoramic large photo in the whole wall with horizontal lines of the drawing. What motivations can this be? Primarily marine - images of waves, beaches, as well as natural subjects - spreading fields and mountain slopes. Here are examples of space-expanding photo wallpapers.
If the kitchen is spacious
In this case, you are not limited in the choice of color or pattern. You can choose black and white photos or, conversely, very bright.
If you want to make a large kitchen more roomy and cozy, then choose images with a large, three-dimensional drawing.
And here is a wallpaper in the interior of a kitchen of a large area can create the effect of a realistic illusion.
If the kitchen is located on the north / south side
Here the principle is simple.
- If the kitchen is dark and located in the shady north side, then choose light shades with a warm sub-tone. What motivations and drawings are these? Coziness and warmth will add photos with the image of the sun, summer and mountain landscapes, as well as photographs in sepia color, pictures in the style of "retro" and "classics."
- Well, if the kitchen is southern, then you need to do exactly the opposite and choose cold colors and shades. As for the design of wallpaper, then an excellent choice will be marine themes, as well as black and white photos.
If the kitchen is bright / monochrome
Balanced bright colors in the interior of the kitchen will be able to black and white photos.
Conversely, if the kitchen is white or black and white, then brightly painted wall-papers will fit into it.
And a couple of general recommendations
- If you decide to choose a design with photo wallpapers, then from other small decorative details will have to be abandoned.
- Wall sconces It is necessary to choose in tone to walls and in a suitable style.
- Kitchen decorating photo wallpaper does not tolerate the neighborhood with excess pieces of furniture - if possible, trim them with a wall that will not be forced or glued on panel, starting at the table level or higher.
- In interior design with photo wallpapers it is extremely important to choose the right companion cover, which must necessarily be combined with the interior of the kitchen, and with the image. As a rule, these are basic, monochrome, restrained wallpaper or painting.
Which material and type of printing is better?
Photo wallpapers can be different not only in design, but also in their basis. What to choose wall-paper for kitchen that they did not fade, hid small lacks of a wall, and they could be washed. Photo wall-papers are made in following kinds:
- Paper wallpaper - not suitable for the kitchen, because even in the bedroom or living room, these wallpapers will only last 1 year. On the other hand, cheap paper wallpaper can be made only a small piece of the wall, for example, an apron, and on the top the pattern can protect the transparent glass as in the photo below.
Another idea - a small part of the wall in the kitchen can be distinguished for children's creativity. On sale there are paper wall-paper with children's pictures which can be painted.
- Фотообои из самоклеющейся пленки – в принципе вполне подходят для кухни, ведь их можно мыть и протирать, но в этом случае стены должны быть идеально ровными, иначе и пленка ляжет не ровно и все недостатки основания будут заметны. Клеить их нужно очень осторожно и аккуратно от центра к краям, не создавая пузыри и сборки. Самоклеющейся пленкой с фотопечатью лучше оформлять небольшие поверхности: шкафы, двери, фартук или фрагмент стены в виде panel.
- Vinyl wall paper is the most common type of wallpaper and the best choice for the kitchen. They are wear-resistant, perfectly retain color, can wash and hide uneven walls. In addition, they can be not just matte or glossy, but also textured for linen, sand, plaster, brush strokes, etc.
But vinyl coverings can be different - they are made either on paper basis, or on non-woven. The first option is glued to the wall in the same way as conventional wallpaper, that is, the glue is applied to both the wall and the strip.
- Non-woven wallpaper - non-woven fabric glued somewhat easier, because the glue is applied only to the wall. In addition, non-woven wallcoverings better hide the defects of the wall, are less prone to abrasion and fading, are well washed, but are more expensive than all other types of coatings.
All kinds of photo wallpapers are glued to each other in an overlap of a couple of centimeters, so that after cutting out the surplus the seam of the docking of the panels turned out to be imperceptible.
Most manufacturers produce finished coatings on vinyl or non-woven basis.
Choose wallpaper that is printed with exotic paints or UV-printed.
Where can I buy and order?
In fact, practice shows that it's best to order wallpapers in online stores, which are very many today - you will have plenty to choose from.
Today, the world's most popular nonwoven wallpaper from the Swiss brand Mr.Perswall. The Russian dealer of this brand will be able to produce any photo wallpapers from the corporate catalog in any size you need. For example, this drawing can be printed in the entire wall, and can be reduced to the size of the poster.
Other brands in roughly the same price category are: Eijffinger, Thibaut, Wall Deco, Wallon Due and others.
However, today you can order wallpapers in the printing house or in a special workshop, the main thing is to choose a good paint, a dense base, a washable cover and a suitable image. If you wish, you can even print your photo in a very high quality, preferably 10-15 MB, resolution, i.e. The internal resolution is suitable for 150 dpi (i.e., dots per square inch).