Violet is one of the most complex colors of the spectrum, as it is formed from the mixing of two bright opposites - cold blue and hot red. The influence of violet on the emotional state of a person and his optical properties are so ambiguous that it is rare to meet them in nature, in the interiors of houses and even more so of kitchens.
On the other hand, if you correctly beat this complexity, it is the violet that can instantly transform boring space into elegant or extraordinary. We offer to your attention 5 secrets of applying this peculiar color in the interior of the kitchen and 60 photos for inspiration.
General Characteristics of Color
When planning the design of a purple kitchen, you need to keep in mind its following characteristics:
- Impact on people: stimulates creativity and imagination, but prevents focusing on solving logical problems. In small doses and lighter shades calms and improves sleep, but in the array and in dark tones, with prolonged exposure, it presses, tires and almost drives depressed.
- Who is most suitable for: people of creative professions.
- In what kitchens looks best: well-lit "southern" and spacious. However, the size of the kitchen does not have such a fundamental value.
- Optical properties: visually distances, reduces, but at the same time heavier items of furniture or any surfaces. In terms of temperature, this color is rather cold, but it can seem warm with a pair of colors.
- Additional color in the spectrum: yellow.
- The most appropriate styles: pop art, high tech, the Middle East, Scandinavian, Victorian, modern, fusion.
5 secrets on the application in the interior of the kitchen
Secret 1. Use as an accent
If the violet kitchen will not be comfortable for everyone, the kitchen in neutral tones with violet accents can be called universal.
Accents can be: curtains, table textiles and dishes, chairs, apron or wall decor.
- An easy way to make the kitchen stylish is to use purple in textiles, namely in furniture upholstery and curtains. Especially beautiful will be corduroy and velvet.
- Keep in mind that the more a shade of purple goes into the blue, the less appetizing the food will appear against its background. Therefore, choosing dishes, apron or curtains for decorating the dining area or cooking zone, give preference to slightly pinkish shades, as, for example, in the photo below.
In the next photo-compilation (scroll to the right), you can see other examples of using purple accents in the interior of the kitchen.
Secret 2. Using the violet color in the array, it should be diluted
If you decide to use purple as the main color, then here are some tips you might find useful:
- This color becomes fresh and softer in combination with white in a 1: 1 ratio, and preferably 1: 2. White-violet cuisine is presented in the next selection of photos.
But how beautiful the violet wallpaper looks in the interior of the white kitchen.
- To make such a kitchen more cozy is possible with the help of an abundance of wood textures.
So, for example, purple cuisine will become much more comfortable in the surroundings of a wooden floor, a table top and white walls, and purple walls will become a good background for a wooden kitchen.
Secret 3. With the help of purple, you can create optical illusions
As we have already noted, purple has the ability to visually remove, reduce, but at the same time weight items of furniture or any surfaces.
- To visually "move apart" the walls in a small kitchen and slightly raise the ceiling, you need to make one wall purple, for example, to paste wallpaper, and the rest to paint in white or another light color. Also, the ceilings will be a little higher if the ceiling or the floor itself is painted with purple as shown in the photo, but this option is calculated, perhaps, only for the boldest originals.
Secret 4. This color is especially well combined with yellow, and also with gold and bronze
As you know, each color has its opposite in the color circle, with which it can make the brightest pair. Our hero in accordance with this rule suits lemon yellow color, but in the interior this combination turns out to be too sharp, so yellow is better to use in slightly saturated, creamy hues, sometimes in mustard or ocher tones. Then the good-natured yellow will make the melancholic violet softer and more fun, and he will become more elegant and serious in his environment.
And it can also become an excellent background for gold and bronze decor items or furniture accessories - furniture handles, photo frames, dishes, cutlery, etc. The main thing here is not to go too far with both, otherwise the noble combination will become fanciful.
Secret 5. It also goes well with ...
So, we already noted that the culprit of this article is best adjacent to white and yellow, but that's what combinations are also good:
- In the monochrome range: with its more pale shades (сиреневым, lilac, etc.), as well as with close colors pink, blue, blue.
- In the contrasting range: with his "parent" red and close to him orange (with great care). In combination with these colors, purple should have a cool tone.
- In the neutral range: with all the base colors - gray, beige and brown, as well as all shades of green.
Separately, we highlight the combination with black, as, on the one hand, they are quite compatible, but on the other - in a pair may look too dark and depressing. The photo below shows examples of black and purple cuisines that seem to us to be successful. As you can see, the right doses of colors, all the same white color and good daylight even from such a risky duo can make a fresh and stylish space.