For more than 20 years in many kitchens you can see elegant railing systems, often replacing bulky hanging and drying cabinets, and sometimes functioning and together with them.
At first, the railings seemed exotic only to people with high incomes, and then gradually became an ordinary element of kitchen design.
What is the railing, what they are, how to choose and install them correctly - you will learn about this in this article.
Reiling in English means a crossbar, which reflects the essence of the whole system. That is, the railing system is several tubes with holders for dishes and shelves, which are attached to the wall.
On the system it is convenient to store utensils, which should be at hand all the time: cookers, measuring cups, colander, spoon for pasta, textiles. All this is very convenient, because if you need something to take in the cooking process, it's enough to just extend a hand.
If you have a small kitchen, every centimeter on the account and the question of optimizing the functional space is acute, believe me, you can not do without a railing system.
In addition to the functional load, modern railing systems are also a stylish element of the modern kitchen interior. Fashionable flat rails perfectly fit into fashionable high-tech, minimalism, lost and modern.
There are several types of rails
1. Traditional and most common - horizontal. They can be arranged in a row or section above the section. The shelves and containers are located on hooks.
2. Vertical Systems can be installed on the side wall of the cabinet or on the wall between the floor and the ceiling. On this system, the shelves are most often installed.
3. Suspended systems suspended from the ceiling. Usually such a decision is made by the hostesses of very spacious kitchens with an island-working area in the center.
How to choose
The first thing to start from when choosing a railing system is the size of the kitchen. If the room is small, then the scope for the system is a bit. A few short tubes near the sink, next to the stove and under the cupboards perfectly unload the workspace and bring maximum benefit.
If the kitchen is bigger, you can buy a pipe about a meter in length and hang on it much more auxiliary structures.
For the functional arrangement of very large kitchens, it is better to invite a professional designer to make the system individually - perhaps even over several zones.
On sale it is possible to find tubes of different diameters, lengths and even colors. Holders and stubs can be selected in the style of Art Nouveau or retro, even hooks from different manufacturers differ.
Everything depends solely on the mistress's preferences. If the interior is decorated in the style of "high-tech", then it will perfectly fit chrome rail or matte nickel, for classical styles, white systems or gold-plated ones are suitable, for retro it is better to choose a system for antique bronze or antique copper. There are even black systems for special aesthetes who prefer minimalism or modernity.
Choosing the location of the rail in the kitchen, you need to consider its configuration. Standard recommendations - The rails are very convenient in the washing area and in the working area of the kitchen.
The tube is fixed at a height of 40-50 cm from the countertop, and if the lockers are placed on top, then it is necessary to retreat from the bottom to 5-7 cm. Stainless steel tubes are more durable than aluminum, so the holders on them can be located at a distance of 70 cm from each other.
If the rails are aluminum, then the holders should be fastened at a distance no more than half a meter from each other. If the side of the suspended or floor cabinet does not rest on the wall or in the kitchen equipment - it can also be used to install a short railing.
Recommendations for accommodation
- When selecting attachments, always locate those that you use more often near the work area.
- Near the stove will be harmoniously look potholders, electric lights, shelves with spices, holders for ladles, spatula for cutlets, spaghetti spoons, culinary tongs, spatula for vog. Right above the stove, you do not need anything to prevent the dishes from splashing with fat, but on the side - the very thing. You can hang a lid holder near the stove.
- Washing requires a holder for towels, drying, a shelf for sponges, hooks for brushes.
- On hinged shelves it is better to store wooden cutting boards - they dry out faster.
- For those who often use foil or packaging film in rolls, there are also special holders with denticles, which allow quickly and evenly to tear off the required length.
- Above the working surface is a convenient place for the knife holder.
- You can hang the cup holder over the bar counter or in a separate place.
Reiling systems are equally well attached to both the wall and the apron of tile or other material. The only material that can not be fixed to the rail is an apron of tempered glass.
Provide the need to install the railing in this case, you need to order an apron. The fact is that tempered glass does not lend itself to any processing after its manufacture.
Therefore, in advance it is necessary to calculate where the fixing holes for the holders will be and when ordering the apron, indicate these dimensions to the manufacturer.
Installation instructions for railing
- Fasteners usually come complete with holders. To mount the holders, you need to mark the wall with a pencil with the help of a level and mark the places where they will be located.
- In these places it is necessary to drill holes with a diameter of 6-8 mm for the installation of plastic dowels. Depending on the wall material or finish, a drill bit is selected.
- A screw is screwed through the bushing. Then the holder is put on the sleeve. The holder is fixed to the sleeve with small screws. Beforehand, check that the screws after installation are on the bottom - so they will be less noticeable.
- After that, you can install the rail itself. In advance, look at what hooks you have purchased - if closed, then you need to wear them before installing the pipes. Angle sections are attached to connectors that connect straight sections with angular sections.
- It must be ensured that the distance is always the same on both sides of the holder. Pipes are also fixed to the holders with small screws.
- After that, we install plugs and we can hang out attachments. If the tube needs to be shortened, it can be cut with a metal hacksaw.
You can assemble the railing system in a small kitchen for half an hour with your own hands. No special tools are required for this. However, there are systems that are more difficult to install - for example, recently appeared on sale railing systems with backlighting. The main task of lighting is not to light up the work surface, but rather to emphasize the beauty of the kitchen interior with a bizarre play of light.
Reiling in the kitchen (real photo)