Installing a dishwasher with your own hands will save you 1200 - 2500 rubles. Work you will not be the most difficult. And yet, if there is no experience, it is better not to risk and call a master.
But if you purchased a portable PMM, then it's easy to install it yourself - you just need to connect the water supply hose to the tap with cold water, and drain the drainage into the sink.
In general, the connection of a dishwasher, which is stationary, consists of the following stages:
- Installation of PMM at the place of operation (and dismantling of the old device, if necessary);
- If you bought a built-in dishwasher, then you need to add it in the furniture and hang it in the facade - here the main difficulty is to correctly make a marking for the fasteners, so that the facade is set exactly.
- Connecting the dishwasher to the drain and water inlet terminals (if necessary, extend the drain hose);
- Connection to the outlet (if necessary - wiring work for installing the outlet, laying the cable);
- Machine adjustment by level;
- Checking the quality of installation.
If you are confident in your abilities, then let's begin.
What we need
Before installing the dishwasher in a niche under the countertop or connecting a stationary model, prepare a tool and a sanitary fixture.
- Pliers, and preferably a adjustable wrench;
- Insulating tape (vinyl or cotton), she is wrapped in metal threads on pliers, so as not to damage the fasteners when tightened;
- Fum tape for waterproofing;
- A siphon with 1 or 2 sockets - 2 chis- sels will allow you to immediately connect a dumb-bell;
- Tee, thread ¾;
- A filter that provides rough water purification;
- Ball valve;
- Connecting pipe is a hank.
So, step-by-step instructions on how to connect a dishwasher in stages:
- In case you install an embedded MMP, you first need to prepare a niche that should normally be 60 cm wide, and for narrow models 45 cm. The leveling machine can be leveled off by removing the table top and adjusting the legs of the lower cabinets. Also, you need to drill holes in the cabinet for the drainage, water inlet hose and for electrical wires.
- Installing the dishwasher under the hob is prohibited;
- The installation site is chosen so that the length of the drain hose does not exceed 1.5 meters. It is possible to increase the length to 5 meters, but the stable operation of the equipment in this case will be difficult to guarantee.
- The next step is to connect to electricity. Please note that the outlet must be of the "euro" type. It is necessary to replace the outlet if it does not meet the standards (but not the machine plug). We do not forget that when we connect, we provide safety, and the dishwasher is characterized by significant energy consumption. This determines the ban on the use of tees and extension cords. Installation of the outlet implies the use of wires with a diameter of more than 2 mm. In addition, a 16A automatic circuit breaker is additionally mounted in the electrical panel. Grounding is also performed using a 3-core wire, and it can not be removed from the pipes.
- Next - connect the dishwasher to the water pipe. To do this, the water is blocked, the tee is connected to the pipe, then the filter, the ball valve and the hank. All threaded joints are insulated with a fork - it needs to be wound with at least 10 layers.
It is also necessary to install a coarse filter, since it will not allow sand, rust from entering the water pipe inside the machine.
- As for the connection of the equipment to the sewer, here it is possible to go in a simple way by installing a siphon with an additional tap and valve. In order to protect the device from water from the sewer pipe, it is necessary to place a drain hose in a special way - at the outlet to the sewer network it is placed at a height of 600 mm along the wall, and then folded to provide water flow.
- The final step in connecting the dishwasher is to check the device for operation. In this case, the machine is idled, controlling the rate of water intake, its heating, and also work in the drying mode. The check is carried out without utensils, but with the obligatory addition of regenerating salt and detergents.