For some, the cuisine in the Russian style is represented as a kitchen in a village hut, for the second - in a noble estate, for the third - in a Russian dacha, for the fourth - like a kitchen in the style of Stalin's Empire style or Soviet constructivism, well for the rest ... like a kitchen decorated with motifs гжели, хохломы and other national decor. But all these representations are united by one feature - the atmosphere of home comfort.
In this material we have prepared 7 tips for decorating the interior of Russian cuisine in a city apartment and 30 inspirational photos.
1. Choose a special mood for your kitchen
First of all, decide which style of Russian interior is closest to you: the style of the Russian dacha, the hut, the manor, the "old Moscow" apartment or the Soviet retro? And maybe you really like the motifs of Zhostovo, Khokhloma or Gzhel painting?
Here are some tips to help you decide on the concept of a future cuisine:
- If you live in a house with features, in an ancient city, say, the Golden Ring, or just near any historical landmark, then why not be inspired by this heritage? For example, kitchen in the "stalinka" can be decorated in the style of the Stalin Empire (in the photo below), and the kitchen in the apartment in a pre-revolutionary house in the style of a classical noble manor.
- You can look for a source of inspiration at home. They can become your antiques, family relics or just an interesting rarity. For example, antique furniture, a collection of Soviet porcelain, lace tablecloths, Viennese chairs, samovar and other, at first glance, ordinary things.
- If you like some kind of folk craft, for example, Zhostovo trays or pale, it is his motive that can be used as a basis.
2. Think well of the color scheme
Typically Russian colors are, first of all, deep and rich shades (burgundy, red, purple, malachite, black, etc.), as well as golden and all woody hues.
Making up the color scheme of the future interior, do not forget about the following principles:
- The smaller the room, the lighter and more neutral its color scheme should be. Bright colors, for example, in the form of Khokhloma painting are allowed only in accents.
- If the kitchen is poorly lit, then for walls, floors and kitchen set it is worth choosing light and warm shades. If the kitchen faces the south, then you can choose a cool range, for example, white and blue in Gzhel style as on the photo below (see!).
3. Do not pursue credibility at the expense of functionality and convenience
To create a design of the kitchen in the Russian style, it is not necessary to recreate the interior with historical accuracy.
- Style solutions should not be at the expense of functionality. After all, the kitchen, first of all, must be convenient for cooking, storage of things and meals. Therefore, everything in it, and especially technology, must meet modern requirements.
- The atmosphere of Russian cuisine can be created by things of no Russian origin. So, for example, the authentic atmosphere of the kitchen in the Soviet style can be diluted with things Scandinavian design (example on the photo below). And in the kitchen, in the style of a Russian farmstead or a hut, classical Italian furniture and French antiques perfectly coexist.
4. Natural materials - the secret of coziness of Russian cuisine
Especially it concerns furniture and furnish. On the other hand, sometimes qualitative imitations are much more practical than originals. So, for example, "linen" curtains from mixed fabrics are better erased and less creased.
5. Use ornaments in moderation
The motives of folk crafts are so colorful and dynamic that they can overload the interior and even make space smaller. Therefore, they should be used only as an accent and surrounded by neutral, monophonic surfaces. Here are a couple of tips:
- AT small kitchen ornaments should not be too large and bright. For example, an apron with tiles here will be preferable to an apron with photographic printing of large flowers of Zhostovo trays.
- Figure Gzhel, Zhostovo, Palekh, Khokhloma painting can and should be diluted with a simple cage, peas or strip (in textiles). It is especially good to use this technique in the kitchen in a rustic or country style.
- Facades of a kitchen set - not the best place for Russian ornaments. Much better they will look in their traditional form: in the form of a picture, in an apron or on an accent wall. Below we present to you a selection of photo-examples, how it is possible to paint beautifully in the interior of the kitchen.
Apron in style жостово
6. Restoration and alteration - the secret of uniqueness and cost savings
Берясь за оформление кухни в русском стиле, не бойтесь использовать старые и поломанные вещи, если их можно отреставрировать и починить. Старые стулья можно перекрасить, залакировать, поменять обивку, укрепить соединения (подробнее смотрите здесь). Буфеты и шкафчики могут смотреться по новому, если им просто поменять ручки. ATпрочем, переделке могут подлежать и новые вещи. Часто они нуждаются в искусственном старении или декорировании.
7. Pay attention to the decor
Как известно, стиль создают детали. ATот подсказки по выбору декора для русской кухни в разных вариациях:
- Decor for the kitchen in the style of Russian cottages: lace tablecloths and napkins, lamp shade, samovar, Soviet porcelain sets or gzhel, wicker baskets, Zhostovo trays, old Soviet or classical furniture, Viennese chairs, light white curtains, a retro clock, a rustic chandelier.
- Decor for the kitchen in the style of the noble manor: lace textiles, carpets, silver dishes, large flowerpots, paintings with still lifes or landscapes, pillows, classical porcelain (for example, from IFZ), a chandelier-chandelier, a clock with a fight or a beacon.
- Декор для кухни в стиле советского ретро: алюминиевая утварь, советский фарфор (ЛФЗ, ATербилки, Дулево), хрустальные вазы, советский гобеленовый ковер, агит-плакаты или афиши советских фильмов, часы с кукушкой, граненые стаканы в подстаканниках, шторы в цветочек.
- Декор в стиле деревенской избы: самовар, берестяные шкатулки, wicker baskets, жостовский поднос, льняной и кружевной текстиль, деревянные доски, подковы, глиняные кувшины, предметы с хохломской росписью, связки баранок или чеснока.