This article will be useful as mothers with sewing experience, and beginner needlewomen. The main thing here is desire and imagination. So before starting work, let's be inspired by the original ideas of aprons for boys and girls.
Ideas for the design and decoration of children's aprons
"Like Mom and Dad!"
Today, the same clothes for moms, dads and toddlers are no longer a novelty. Why not dress the whole family in a sewn in one style aprons? Even "adult" aprons are not difficult to sew, and the child will be delighted, because now the cooking of food in the house will turn into an interesting game and family ritual.
At the same time, "family" aprons do not have to be an exact copy of each other, but they must be combined with color or pattern of fabric. Examples of such kits are shown below.
Ideas for Mom's Assistant
If you are growing up a little assistant, then you can give vent to your fantasies and realize the most daring of you and your daughter's dreams. You can choose bright fabrics with prints: flowers, hearts, little animals, princesses, peas, nested dolls and drawings of kitchen themes.
However, restrained aprons in a strip or cage will be very stylish.
Also, do not limit yourself in decor - it can be: ruffles, laces, appliqués, bows, embroideries and even fabric brooches.
If you like to sew fancy dresses with your own hands, then you will like these original ideas of children's aprons.
And here are some interesting ideas for experienced needlewomen who can sew well and work with patterns.
Ideas for a small chef
It's no secret that the culinary talent in men in the blood. To help your child discover his cooking skills, you need to approach the sewing of the apron very seriously and take into account his interests and preferences.
If your boy is delighted with super heroes, characters from fairy tales and cartoons, then why not sew a stylized apron for him?
The smallest cooks and merry fellows like bright aprons with animals, cars, dinosaurs, etc.
Well, serious older guys - serious aprons! No girlish ruffles or children's prints, just the elegant style of a real chef.
Choose a fabric
It is best to choose natural fabrics such as linen or cotton, perfect for jeans.
For sewing a small apron, a nice kitchen towel is suitable.
If you want the children's apron to be as practical and versatile as possible, that is, for creativity and for the kitchen, you can sew it out of laminated cotton. It looks like this (scroll the photo to the right):
Master class: we sew a children's apron for one evening
In our master class we will show an example of how you can sew a child's apron for a boy as fast as possible.
By this basic method you can sew an apron for the girl, but, of course, in this case the fabric should be chosen with the appropriate coloring, the pattern can be made more complicated, for example, with a round skirt and a bodice, and of course add ruffles, lace or appliques. This is how girls' aprons, sewn according to the method described by us, can look.
So, in order to sew our own children's apron, we need:
- Dense natural fabric as a basis;
- Bright matter for the pocket or decor;
- Slanting c / b beak (try to find or make it yourself by hi-bake, because the satin, firstly, slippery, and secondly, it does not fit well with the natural fabric);
- Threads in the color of the beak;
- Sewing accessories: machine, pins, scissors.
First we need to cut the fabric. You can do this with a ready-made pattern. But we chose the easiest way to cut without using a pattern, but with some measurements.
- Cut out the rectangle. Its width can be chosen without measurements - as a rule, it is 45-60. The length is calculated using measurements on the child - we determine on the chest the place from which the apron should begin and measure the desired length.
- Since we will edge all the edges of the apron, the allowances for the hem are not taken into account. But if you do not want to edging the entire apron, then the length and width should be determined taking into account the allowances for a 3 cm cuff on one side;
- Sew a child apron can be both for the growth, and with the length of the "mini".
- The resultant rectangle is folded in half (along) the front side inward. Now, on this workpiece, you need to make the side cuts, indicating a concave (or straight) line. To do this: on the baby's chest, determine the appropriate width of the upper part of the apron, for example, it can be 23 cm. Then measure the distance from the top of the apron to the waist line, that is, where the straps will be sewn. At the top of the folded rectangle from the bend to the side, note the half of the desired width of the breastplate of the apron (23 cm / 2 = 11.5 cm). From this mark we draw a concave or straight cut line to the level of the waist, which we have already determined earlier. We cut off the excess and proceed to prepare the pocket.
- The pocket, in our case, is just a rectangular piece of bright cloth. For the girl, pockets in the form of a heart, a semicircle, etc. are more suitable.
So, the workpiece is ready, we proceed to processing its edges with the help of a hem or edging, as in our master class. We begin work from the breastplate. Ribbon, braid, strip of fabric should be prepared in an appropriate way - bend, bend and iron.
- The master class uses slanting crochet from cotton fabric - yes, it is not so easy to find in the store, but it is very easy to work with, since it does not slip and fits well with cotton cloth.
First, we spend the bake on the top of the apron. The length of the bake should be slightly larger than the width of the top of the product.
Then we sew the edge of the apron, beginning with the waist line from one side of the product and ending with the other. At the corners, the bake is bent and stitched as shown in the photo below.
It should look like this.
The remaining edges that have not been machined will be sheathed with a bake, which will form the tie. To do this, we take approximately 135 cm of bake and, leaving a segment of 45 cm free (this is the future string), attach it with pins from the top to the bottom edge of the rounded side of the apron (photo left). First, we squeeze the beak around the edge of the product, and then the remaining strings (photo on the right). The same actions are done on the other side.
If desired, you can make a string in the form of a loop, you need to use 1 long bake, and not two.
Hooray! Almost ready - you only need to sew a pocket. But first it must be sewn from all sides on the inner edge of the jam as in the photo below.
Now we sew the pocket. We put it in the center of the apron, fix it with pins and we spread it from three sides along the outer edge of the bake.
If desired, you can make a pocket with 1-3 compartments. In our lesson we will make two compartments - one narrow (for example, for a pen) and one wider - for important items of a small chef. Just determine the width of each compartment and put it in the right place.
That's it. We show, try on a new thing for the kid and go to cook!