Backlight options for the kitchen unit
Where and where can I install / embed fixtures to illuminate the kitchen unit?
- Under hanging cabinets: in the corner between the bottom surface of the cabinet and the apron, in the middle of the bottom surface of the cabinet or closer to the end as shown in the photo below;
- Under the upper cabinet directly above the sink - this kind of lighting is both an embedded and a waybill. It can be brighter than the lighting under the cupboards, but, at the same time, it is important that it does not blind the eyes. And, of course, the lamp above the sink should not be afraid of moisture and water spray;
- Above the kitchen cabinets;
- Inside cabinets and drawers;
- In the base of the kitchen set to create the effect of "soaring" furniture.
The latter options are decorative and rather of secondary importance, and the first option is really necessary for lighting the working surface of the kitchen, that is, countertops and sinks.
Types of furniture fixtures and lamps
Fixtures for the kitchen, installed under the cabinets are:
- Built-in - they look much more accurate, they can not be seen from below, due to this light does not hit the eyes, but such lighting requires more careful planning of work and drilling of the lower parts of hanging cabinets;
- Overhead - these lamps are convenient in changing lamps, they can be installed anywhere and for this you do not need to cut out the holes for the installation.
And now let us consider in more detail different types of lamps and lamps:
- Overhead lamps with fluorescent fluorescent lamps. There are special kitchen series with the possibility of mounting under the cupboards and over the sink. The power supply is connected only to the first device in the line, while up to 10 lamps can be installed in one line, so there will not be many wires. And we recommend that you look for models in the type of rails, on which you can hang kitchen appliances.
Such a table top lighting is convenient and does not require drilling holes in the hinged cases for installation. All work on lighting installation to kitchen furniture can be done independently and quickly. To make such a backlight more decorative, the overhead lamps can be installed behind a special profile. Then the light will not go forward, but the surface of the countertop will be fully lit.
- Lighting for a kitchen set based on light-emitting diodes also enjoys well-deserved popularity. Moreover, for such systems, remote panels and touch switches are often used. The main advantages of LED backlighting are as follows: diodes in the luminaire are located very often, which makes the tape quite a worthy alternative to the overhead luminaire for the brightness of the light flux. The photo below shows how well the working surface is illuminated.
In addition, these systems are compact, and the design options for lighting kitchen can come up with a lot - with their help it's easy to form triangular, round configurations in a variety of colors. The installation of LED illumination with their own hands is very simple. However, the LED module is quite expensive, requires connection via a transformer, and the brightness of the LEDs decreases over time.
- To illuminate the table top and kitchen set, you can also use spotlights - spots with LEDs. They look the same as day lamps, but they do not lose their brightness and do not produce heat. Spotlight Also there are different sizes and types, spots can be both built-in swivel, and overhead. Ideally combined for lighting angular and linear zones.
Basics of comfortable and beautiful worktop lighting
- The lighting in the kitchen under the closets looks best in the white spectrum. This spectrum does not distort colors and is as close to natural as possible - which is important when preparing food;
- If you want to make the kitchen more cozy and add to it a sense of warmth, then choose lamps with traditional warm light;
- Well, when the table top is illuminated not by one or two light sources, but several at once - so sharp shadows are eliminated from the work area and the lighting becomes soft;
- The lighting for the kitchen on the cabinets must necessarily correspond to the style of the interior, to be in harmony with the kitchen furniture and furnishings. For example, in classic design It is better to use a neutral white or warm light to illuminate the kitchen under the cupboards, inside them and above the sink. Cold lighting from above and in the socle is not suitable for every style.