As a finishing material, kitchen tiles are becoming an increasingly popular material. But in fact it happens of various kinds, and how to know what kind of species should be chosen for arrangement of its cuisine? This is exactly what we will help you to understand!
The advantages and disadvantages of tiles for finishing kitchens
Today, more often kitchen walls, as well as aprons are decorated with tiles. This material has already finished its practicality, which is incredibly important in the kitchen.
With the right packing and choosing this particular material, you will see in its durability and practicality for many years that will save you from having to often make repairs in the kitchen. It is resistant to increased humidity and temperature changes, retains its original attractive appearance for a long time if compared with other finishing materials.
Before doing repairs, you must understand all the advantages and disadvantages of this material. After all, changing it if desired will be more difficult than wallpaper, or repaint the walls.
In any house the kitchen occupies a special place. After all, here they gather with families, spend time with guests, and also arrange celebratory events. Accordingly, it is regularly exposed to detergents, high humidity and temperature changes. During the preparation of meals, all surfaces in this room are amenable to fat and various dirty drops. This also implies the fact that the materials should be easy to clean and clean. And after all such material and is a tile!
Ceramic tiles for kitchens
The most budgetary material is ceramic tiles / tiles. At the same time, modern manufacturers offer such material in the widest range of colors and patterns!
We also recommend:
- Pistachio color kitchen - 75 photos of the perfect combination in the interior
- Paul in the kitchen - which one to choose? 55 photos of ideas and novelties in the interior of the kitchen
- Linoleum for the kitchen - which one to choose? Photo examples of ready-made solutions.
Just look at the photo of the kitchen tiles on the apron! After all, it is the most luxurious!
With regard to the method of production, the material is divided into:
- Pressed, that is, clay with sand is pressed and as a result, this kind of material is obtained.
- Extruded, manufactured from a mass of dough-like type. Almost 20% of it consists of water, which is passed through an extruder.
We also recommend:
- Filter for water in the kitchen - which one to choose? Browse popular models!
- Kitchen with dishwasher - a dream of every mistress! 70 photos of new design.
- Lighting in the kitchen: the rules for the ideal organization of lighting in the kitchen (75 pics)
There are also such types of tiles as:
- Glazed, with a thin upper glass coating.
- Unglazed, without top coating.
When choosing glazed tiles from tiles, it is important to look at the surface of the material so that it does not have cracks or chips. There can not be carelessness at all!
Glazed slabs are usually used for wall finishing. The second version has a slightly rough surface, so it is used for flooring.
We also recommend:
- Kitchen in Khrushchev - 100 photos of small kitchen design in Khrushchev
- Kitchen with balcony - decorated stylishly and tastefully. Interesting layout options for 90 photos.
- Modular kitchens - excellent and modern design (73 photos)
On the packages with the material put different designations, characterizing the material. In addition, there are other markings used to indicate on packages. For example, regarding the stability of a material with respect to chemical effects, it happens:
- AA, i.e. the highest type, resistant to chemicals.
- A, a stable species, sensitive to chem. substances of very strong effect.
- B, low-resistant to chemicals.
- C, poorly resistant to chemicals.
- Oh, the lowest type, which is completely resistant to chemical. substances.
We offer to know a variety of options for the use of tiles in interiors, viewing photos of tiles on an apron.
Plates from porcelain stoneware
If we talk about the composition of porcelain stoneware, it is not much different from ceramic tiles, it also includes clay with sand, as well as other components.
The most important difference in them is the process of staining. So, tiles from ceramics possess only a color covering, but porcelain stains are painted due to coloring pigments, thanks to which the process of dyeing occurs very evenly, on each of the sections of the material.
As a result of firing, a tile with a low porosity level is produced. And this factor affects the hygroscopicity of the material, while the indicators are reduced to a minimum (up to 0.05%). From here follows the short general characteristic of ceramic granite material:
- Color uniform throughout the surface
- Strength - at the highest level
- Absorption of water - practically absent
The material is very stylish. With it you can look absolutely differently at your own kitchen.
Such material has the property of "eating" free space, because of which absolutely all the room still does not need to be trimmed with it. Among other things, it is not so difficult to saturate the room with a stone, which will be very falsely returned back.
The ideal way to decorate the countertop, apron, so that they continue each other, for which the textures and materials will be similar to each other.
Very beautiful and interesting looks the area around the stove, decorated in the form of a fireplace.
Tiles from glass
Also very popular stuff. As for modern styles, such material is used for high-tech, modern, minimalism.
The main advantages of glass plates:
- Beautiful appearance, which can not be argued, because it looks really, just great, especially if the kitchen is decorated with light tones.
- Excellent technical parameters, according to which this material is much better than ceramic, and also more durable and durable, is not afraid of an increased level of humidity. It does not have a very porous surface, therefore it is much easier to clean it. In addition, it does not absorb moisture.
- Since the color is applied from the back, the material does not burn out.
- The installation and laying of this material is completely uncomplicated. For this, you do not need to buy anything in addition to ordinary sealant, grout.
- Due to its versatility, the material is harmonious with other finishing options.
Look at the design of the apron design from the tiles in the kitchen to see the chic appearance of the glass material.
Mosaic type plates
To use mosaic tiles for today is fashionable and stylish. Yes, this material was already in the trend and now has returned again. What just now is a magnificent tile mosaic produced on an apron! Her appearance can even fascinate the spirit! Such material is also ceramic and glass.
Ceramic tiles are produced by identical full ceramic plates. The composition of the glass mosaic also includes smalt pieces (opaque glass, incredibly durable and practical).
The shape with the dimensions of the tile is completely unrelated. Pieces are square, round, rectangular, in the shape of a diamond, and also large and small, creating whole patterns or chaotic images.
Variants of mosaic plates look simply smart in interiors! In addition, there are many different options.
At the same time, the kitchen should not be finished with mosaic. Ideal - a combination of it with other types of materials, such as wallpaper, or ceramic tiles.
We simulate the laying of bricks
For today, a very popular form of design, when imitating a concrete surface, or a brick. Accordingly, in kitchens, this method is also relevant.
Stack tiles patterns, with the imitation of bricks, you can perfectly do something new in your own kitchen, having issued a fashionable and unordinary interior.
Doing "brickwork" it can be used as you like, unlike the mosaic. You can select an apron in the work area, or make an accent wall. In addition, this way can be laid out all the walls in the kitchen!
Also you can play visually in space, because you do not need to create sharp vertical or horizontal bars! An excellent option - the placement of tiles vertically. So you will beat the visual space, and it will seem spacious, and in low rooms - lift the ceilings.
As for the choice of colors, here it is up to you. In each room everything is individual. Variants can be monophonic, or other interesting combinations.
Masonry in parquet way
Yes, the tiles can be laid in a parquet way and this is an excellent alternative to the brick masonry option. Its essence is that rectangular tiles are used, one to the other perpendicularly.
This version of the material is original and unusual!
It is better if the material is neutral and monophonic. After all, the emphasis is not on the beautiful material, but on the original way of its laying. At the same time, no one forbids the use of colored tiles, or combine different shades of it. The main task is to choose the right and tasteful materials!
The disadvantage of this method is the need to cut the material. To begin with, you can choose a square plate in the same key and texture, and then cut them diagonally. So you will not spend more money and materials.
Diagonal masonry method
This method is very interesting and suitable for those who prefer traditional versions of the material. In this case, square plates are placed with rhombuses. Of course, this option looks much more interesting than the most banal masonry on the principle of a seam in the seam.
This way of laying will help visually increase the space.
Design on an apron
This zone is located above the cooking zone. It is she who takes the brunt in the cooking process.
To the cooking area are: a plate and a table for cutting food, a sink.
It is recommended to use the tile for the kitchen apron, because this material is practical, and it's just perfect!
Literally up to 20 cm, the size of the apron should go outside the cooking zone. Take into account this nuance!
The porosity of the material should be the smallest, since in this zone the wall takes on a maximum of "load". Accordingly, stone and ceramic tiles are far from the best. Here you should prefer glass or porcelain stoneware.
As for the color design, there are two options:
- The apron is made in the same tone as the whole kitchen, filling the overall palette, complementing the kitchen space.
- Apron in contrast with the main frame, creating an accent and making the kitchen fresh and modern.
It is worth remembering the mosaic method of design. By the way, this method is very interesting and gives a lot of imagination, in order to decorate the apron.
The main points in laying tiles
So you bought, finally, the tile that was preferred, given our recommendations and a diverse assortment. Of course, for laying the material will take time and effort. Also you can hire professional masters who will quickly and qualitatively produce the laying works. But this type of work can be completely done on its own, saving some money ...
And so, to lay the material on the kitchen wall, you need:
- Perform cleaning and leveling works, removing the previous coatings from the wall, and if you need to even align.
- The main marking is applied, which depends on which way of laying you prefer.
- Further, all materials are prepared. Those. If necessary, they are cut, and the adhesive composition should also be diluted in accordance with the proposed instruction.
- Start laying using a notched / flat spatula, applying a thin layer of adhesive.
- The laying process is made in accordance with the pattern that you preferred for your kitchen. Selecting for the designation of the cross, designate the location for the seams.
- When the adhesive composition dries, you should remove the crosses, and then wipe the seams, using a special mixture.
And so, listen to our advice and recommendations and design the kitchen of your dreams!
110 photo tiles for kitchen on apron