So, you bought a car and are ready to entrust her for the first time washing dishes, or maybe you have used it for a long time, but sometimes you are dissatisfied with the result? All sorts of forums are full of questions about what to do if the dishwasher (hereinafter sometimes referred to as PMM - for brevity) works poorly - does not wash the dishes or leaves white stains on it. In most cases, the problem is not at all in the device, but in misuse. What is the correct operation of dishwashers?
Choose the detergents for the machine
First let's look at the choice of detergents, because they can both spoil and significantly improve the performance of the PMM. There is a whole group of detergents that are needed at different times, for different purposes and in different doses.
Here is the list:
- Salt - allows you to soften hard water, dissolve calcium, thereby preventing the coating of the machine from inside and utensils with a lime coating. How often do I put salt in the dishwasher? This depends on the frequency of its operation and the hardness of the water, which varies in all regions. You need to focus on the salt indicator on the control panel: if it's on, then it's time to fill your assistant. Salt is sold in a pack of 1 kg, an average of 1 pack. enough for six months.
- Powder, gel, tablets - this is actually a means for washing. Of course, one can not do without them, but sometimes they can not be used, for example, in the rinse mode, when the dishes need only be freshened. And without money you can wash ... vegetables. For example, potatoes.
- Rinser - it scents dishes, prevents the formation of streaks and helps to completely dry the dishes.
- Degreaser - does not allow particles of fat to settle on the machine parts.
- Antinakip - qualitatively removes lime scale, prolonging the service life of equipment. It is not always used, but about once a quarter.
And now more details about some nuances.
Each of the listed detergents must be used correctly, accurately dose and apply in accordance with the instructions.
The required amount of salt can be determined in three ways:
- Measure the water hardness manually and store the data in the memory;
- Clarify the information in the local water channel, and put them in the memory of the machine;
- Machines with automatic sensors themselves assess the rigidity at each water intake and, in accordance with this information, take the right amount of salt.
Salt is charged into the ion exchanger using a funnel that is included in the kit.
- Before the first run, water is poured inside, and after - a large amount of salt is poured (1000 gr.). In the future, only add detergent, and water is not added;
- Do not use table salt!
Almost all modern models are equipped with a sensor indicating the need for charging the ion exchanger. The salt consumption depends not on the number of wash cycles, but on the water consumption spent for the program, in liters.
With regard to detergents, it should be borne in mind that the consumption of powder is also controlled by special sensors (if the machine has this function). If it is not, then you have to load the powder "by eye", following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Powder can be covered only in a dry tray;
- The powder is more effective than tablets, as it dissolves better, is suitable for short programs, in addition, it is more economical, since you can control the amount of powder yourself.
As for the tablets, they will help to wash the dishes only when installing long cycles, as in short programs they do not have time to dissolve. In addition, each kind of tablets is designed for certain indicators of water hardness. Some manufacturers indicate that when using tablets, the water hardness values in the program should be reduced. Tablets of type "3 in 1", "4 in 1", etc. consist of several multi-colored layers, each of which performs its function: washing, water softener, rinse, etc.
Speaking of a rinse aid. As we have already said, it is needed for crystal gloss and better drying. It is also consumed by the dispenser, that is, it is necessary to fill the liquid to the very edge, but with the help of the regulator you can determine the expense of the agent for each wash.
- Keep in mind that due to the wrong proportion of the conditioner and salt on the dishes there will be spots.
- First try washing the dishes with the rinse aid at a value of 4;
- If the dishes remain moist, then increase the dose of the remedy;
- If the dishes are well dried, but the stains appear, reduce the level of the rinse aid;
- In principle, the rinse aid is not necessary for use, unlike salt and washing agents.
We load the dishes correctly
With the funds figured out, proceed to download. Low-quality washing is, in 85% of cases, a sign that the dishes in it have been folded incorrectly, and not a signal about problems with the dishwasher.
How to load dishes correctly?
- We clean the dishes of the leftovers of food;
- We put the dishes tightly and compactly, but so that it does not interfere with the rotation of the rocker arms, the opening of the dispenser, the free passage and the flow of water. In many PMM sections can be rearranged to accommodate vases and baking;
- We fall asleep a powder or we put a tablet, if it is necessary - we add rinse and salt;
- We choose the suitable program, we start. If you forgot to put something, you can open the door and report the dishes, the machine will resume work in a few seconds.
- Glasses, utensils made of brittle glass are placed at the top. It is important that it does not touch the walls. But the dishes with the greatest pollution are placed down, because here the strongest water jets;
- It will correctly load the dishwasher completely, and only then turn on the power;
- You can put a small batch of dishes after lunch in the tray and close the lid - so the utensils do not wither, waiting for the next batch. And it's better to choose the half-load mode;
- The most polluted surfaces should be turned downwards, so bowls, pans and other things turn upside down.
- And for small utensils such as knives and spoons there are special trays to be used. Forks and spoons are better to alternate, and put the blade with blades up. Only after you have properly positioned the dishes can you turn on the machine.
Do not forget that the technique washes the dishes with hot water, so it is not allowed to put it in:
- Instruments with steel elements that can rust;
- Tableware with inserts of wood, mother-of-pearl, elements made of tin or copper;
- Cups with patterns or coating that does not differ in thermal strength;
- Glued items;
- Antique dishes;
- Plastic elements, on which there is no corresponding marking on the admission;
- Sponges and kitchen towels;
- Crystal can be washed, but carefully, since over time it can become clouded.
Choose the right program
Wash dishes in the dishwasher can be using a variety of programs. The instruction that is attached to your assistant describes the entire set of features and functions, it must be familiarized with.
- In most cases, a good result is achieved by using a standard program (economy or eco). If the dishes are very dirty, then the regime of intensive washing is used - it launches well, but consumes electricity and water at the maximum, so it is better to start the PMM at night.
- The delicate mode is designed to wash especially fragile dishes - for example, glasses or crystal wine glasses. The delicate mode implies a built-in heat exchanger in the machine, which helps to raise the water temperature at the first rinse.
- In the case when you collect completely different dishes in the dishwasher, it is also worthwhile to include a gentle mode.
- The machine will wash the dishes for 1.5 hours or 1 hour in a standard program. After the end of the cycle, the dishes will be hot, so wait for another quarter of an hour before opening the door.
- In order to prevent the sticks, at first the lower compartment is released, and then the upper one.
- There are other rules. So, after each washing, filters should be cleaned. And to care for external surfaces use a damp sponge. It will also be necessary to periodically clean the impeller nozzles, preventing them from clogging and cleaning the machine itself of scale, if it is still formed.