Kitchen can not be imagined without a stove and oven. Today, a stationary oven replaces a modern built-in oven. Embedded type of equipment requires competent installation and connection by all rules. It begins with the definition of the location of its placement.
See also: How to choose an oven in 9 steps
The main types of constructions of the ovens. Correctly place the equipment
The built-in oven can be:
- Dependent, that is, installed together with the cooking surface;
- Independent, as an absolutely separate subject of technology, which you can install anywhere in the kitchen.
And the oven can be connected to an electric or gas network.
Attention! If it is possible to connect the oven to the electrical network yourself, then it is impossible to build a gas cabinet without the involvement of specialists.
The installation of the oven by one's own hands can be carried out in two ways:
- Traditional when the oven was installed under the countertop. The top element of this design may be a hob.
- The built-in oven is installed separately from the hob, placing it above the countertop. This allows you to easily monitor the preparation of food, simplifies the care of work surfaces, but in this case, you need a cabinet in which you can select a niche.
Regardless of where the oven will be installed, the niche must correspond to a certain size. Today, the dimensions of the built-in appliances are standardized, you can find models (for example, an oven and a microwave oven) of the same size that can be harmoniously supplemented in one wall of the kitchen.
You can buy an oven and a kitchen module for it in this order:
- First, design and order a kitchen set, and then under the given dimensions of the future niche choose the oven (all this can be done in the same salon);
- Before you can buy and the oven, and then when designing the kitchen wall, indicate the size of the model purchased.
Rules for preparing a furniture niche
After the place and method of installation is chosen, it is necessary to provide:
- Protection against voltage drops in the common electrical network;
- Ventilation - the oven should be installed at a distance of 50 mm from the back wall of the niche, from below 9-10 cm, and on the sides the gaps should be approximately 5 cm.
Mounting in 4 steps
How to install a built-in electrical cabinet? Here the main thing is to do everything exactly according to the manufacturer's instructions and observe the safety rules.
Step. 1 Preparation: check the wiring. The basic requirements for the network to which the connection and installation of the electric oven will be:
- Sufficient level of resistance;
- High-quality wires, the cross-section of which corresponds to the declared power of the device;
- Earthing wire and grounding system (standard requirements when connecting any household appliances at home);
- A safety device that triggers during overloads or malfunctions in the operation of the device.
Advice! The magnitude of the current, which ensures the activation of the machine, is selected individually. This is affected by the electrical power of a particular selected model.
To connect the built-in oven in accordance with all safety requirements, it is necessary to use a powerful copper wire (indeed, it is better to create a separate branch line). Since the oven consumes a lot of electricity, special sockets are required, calculated for the power indicated in the technical data sheet.
Other safety rules are as follows:
- Connection of wires on twisting is not allowed.
- A direct connection of wires made of different materials - aluminum and copper is chosen.
- To connect the wires, it is necessary to use screw terminals.
- Connection to the electrical panel must pass through a separate automatic device.
Step 2. Next, the built-in oven is placed in a special, pre-prepared niche. If the recess has a rear wall, then you need to make a hole in it for the wires.
Step 3. Then the oven is put in place and securely fixed with screws (which are included in the kit) with a screwdriver or a cross-head screwdriver.
Step 4. It remains only to wash all the internal surfaces of the oven, then calcine it at a maximum temperature (150 - 250 C) for 30 minutes and after cooling, wipe with a damp cloth. The oven is ready for use!
The built-in oven may well be gas. However, such connection to the network can be performed only by specialists of the gas service - all these nuances are carefully monitored by them.
Advice! Before connecting the oven, the gas supply to the apartment is blocked. Therefore, it is more advantageous to install the hob immediately.
The connection process consists in connecting the oven to a pipe that feeds gas to the kitchen, by means of special gas hoses, while the gas source should be at a distance of up to 1.2 m from the oven.
Before the final switching on of the equipment, the gas must be checked for inclusion - once a characteristic odor appears, the gas supply again overlaps until troubleshooting. Upon completion of the work, the technician is connected to the electrical network (from ignition, lighting work).