In any house, the living room is the largest and most beautiful room. It can be a dining room, a study room, and a bedroom at night.
The finished image will create a carpet in the living room, how to choose it, taking into account all the nuances, we will analyze in detail.
The role of carpets
In the setting of the room, carpets always played an important role:
- they insulate the floor;
- cover the floor from dirt (dust);
- are a decoration.
How to arrange a carpet on the floor in the living room? The surface of the floor can be completely covered with a luxurious carpet, or you can set aside a rest area. There are also carpet paths and floor coverings.
They can be different in size, easy to care for.
Recommendations for choosing carpets
With a huge selection of carpets in the interior of the living room must take into account the combination of its pattern, color and shape with the chosen style (decoration, furniture and accessories):
We also recommend:
- TV in the living room - 60 photos ideal placement in the interior
- Living room in the style of art deco - 70 photos of the best variants of unusual design
- Tile in the living room: photo-review of the best options in the interior
Located in front of a comfortable sofa or near the table a small carpet will become a decoration of the room.
The pattern (pattern, ornament) of the floor carpet should be visible from either side.
Woolen rugs or handmade tracks of saturated patterns with cages, stripes, with traditional motifs always look great (especially good for Provence).
We also recommend:
- How to choose a living room? 55 photos of the perfect design and combination in the interior
- Mini walls for living room - the perfect solution for modern interior (70 photos)
- Pink Living Room - 70 photos of a gentle living room design with a pink tint
A multi-colored carpet with a large pattern will add a touch to the whole interior and visually reduce the room when placed in the center of the room.
Large sized carpets are good in a spacious room. For an average area, a large carpet with bright colors and a complex pattern will obscure the surrounding environment of the apartment.
We also recommend:
- Modern Living Room 2017: TOP-150 photos of new stylish design
- Design of the living room in Khrushchev - photo review of new products in 2017
- Shelves in the living room - interesting design options (65 photos of new products)
Carpet on the floor in the living room is selected in a single color of the interior, or make a bright accent in the severity of the two colors (or monochrome) design.
Distinctive features of modern carpets
Popular carpet coverings of one shade or with a low-key pattern. Winnings look in the interior of carpets (small rugs) in the style of folk traditions, stripes across the length. In multi-storey houses, modern carpets in the living room are multifunctional: they create beauty, warm the floor well and remove noise when walking.
Carpets well solve the problems of sound insulation and heat, they can be with or without nap in different colors. The interiors of modern apartments are often overloaded with furniture.
Therefore, carpets for the living room is better to choose:
- in the presence of polished furniture suitable mats with large pile of artificial fur;
- a mat with a pile of medium length is good at the sofa or in the corner of the working area.
Now a large assortment of carpet products from synthetics, as well as with the addition of wool and other fibers. Improves the strength of the coating mixed composition, and not inferior in aesthetics.
Caring for synthetic carpets is easier and cheaper. Natural carpets in addition to wool contain silk, as well as jute and hemp.
A wool carpet with a beautiful multi-colored pattern is considered classic. Such interior differs in quiet tones, the carpet should look organically on the general background.
If the dark shades of soft comfortable furniture, you need a carpet in dark colors or a semitone lighter. He will merge, emphasizing the severity of the style, or will be in the same scale.
Let's figure out how to choose a carpet in the living room?
The color of the carpet emphasizes or accentuates the lightness and form of the design, or, conversely, the cumbersomeness of the furniture set.
If you want to make furniture more elegant, it should be lifted above the floor. This can be achieved:
- the shape of the sofa legs;
- the configuration of the furniture set;
- shade of the tree itself.
The product will seem easy if the patterns on it are clear and almost transparent. For example, if the furniture is dark on the light carpet, it will seem easy.
Light furniture on the carpet in dark colors, will become massive.
Conclusion: "classic" carpet - a cover of light / dark colors with oriental colored ornaments, is made of wool (or with addition) for a complete interior.
Fashion trends in carpets in 2017
Designers offer new solutions for 2017:
- irregular forms of carpets (polygons, etc.);
- monochrome carpets with relief;
- Large patterns (ornament) in contrasting shades on carpets;
- Classic pattern of different shapes (oval, round or rectangular);
- landscape carpets or with large portraits.
A palette of colors in carpets for 2017: all the colors are gray and pink. Patterns with a vegetative ornamentation with domination of red, and also yellow-green shades.
Materials for carpets
Carpets in the living room modern (or carpet products) are made of: acrylic, viscose and polypropylene.
The high wear resistance of acrylic coatings, but it accumulates static electricity.
Polypropylene wears out much faster, which negatively affects the appearance.
The carpet of viscose is very durable, and for a long time will preserve the color of the original look.
Fashionable carpets in 2017 should not be distinguished by color, but by original forms. The choice of any carpet always depends on the passability of the room, so it is better to have a carpet with a short or medium pile of acrylic or viscose.
In fashion, an oval carpet in the living room with beautiful ornaments. The floor carpet is chosen taking into account the shape, the overall tone and the pattern that will well complement the interior or will be a bright note of variety or contrast.
Photo of carpet in the living room