The living room is the central room of the house. People are invited here, homemakers gather for joint pastime.
This room always requires special attention when decorating.
Correctly selected curtains in the living room will not only be the original addition, but the main accent in the design of the room.
Why curtains in the living room?
Curtains and curtains have long become an integral element of decor. From the correct selection depends on the appearance of the room and the comfort of people in it.
Very often, it is the curtains in the living room photo of 2017 that become the highlight of the interior, giving it a special charm. For curtains and curtains, the best and most expensive fabrics are chosen in the living room.
Do not forget about the purely practical function of curtains and curtains - protect the room from bright sunlight during the day and create a cozy protection from other people's eyes in the evening. Curtains should easily move and move apart, letting daylight into the room.
We also recommend:
- TV in the living room - 60 photos ideal placement in the interior
- Living room in the style of art deco - 70 photos of the best variants of unusual design
- Tile in the living room: photo-review of the best options in the interior
Since the central room has a special significance in the house, the landlady always tries to create a warm and comfortable atmosphere in it, picking up beautiful curtains in the living room.
When choosing curtains, you should consider:
- level of room lighting;
- style of decoration of the living room;
- color accents
We also recommend:
- How to choose a living room? 55 photos of the perfect design and combination in the interior
- Mini walls for living room - the perfect solution for modern interior (70 photos)
- Pink Living Room - 70 photos of a gentle living room design with a pink tint
For curtains in the living room, a win-win option will be either short curtains, or long, to the floor, curtains and curtains. The fabric for them should be light and high-quality.
The choice of material depends on the taste - in the winter the hostess can choose curtains from heavier and thicker fabric, in summer - light and silky.
Basic recommendations for choosing curtains
The rule of combining styles acts for the selection of all elements of decor without exception. If this rule is met, it can be considered the first success on the way to creating a harmonious and comfortable space in the living room.
We also recommend:
- Modern Living Room 2017: TOP-150 photos of new stylish design
- Design of the living room in Khrushchev - photo review of new products in 2017
- Shelves in the living room - interesting design options (65 photos of new products)
Very often it is necessary not to re-form the entire style of the living room, but only to supplement it with new curtains and curtains, to update the style solution or make it more expressive.
To do this, one should adhere to such principles:
- at the decision of registration in specific style (baroque), complex fabrics will approach, use of ornaments, frills and brushes is possible;
- for the interior, executed in a classical or modern style, all the details of the photo of the curtains in the living room should be kept in strict accordance with it;
- the shade of the walls and curtains should match the color or shade, but not be the same;
- curtains of terracotta or peach color will suit any color of the walls;
- neutral in color walls suitable bright, originally decorated curtains, and vice versa - neutral curtains come to bright juicy walls;
- using a pattern on the curtains, you can expand the space (choosing monophonic fabrics or fabrics with small patterns);
- The larger and higher the room, the larger the pattern on the curtains;
- The smaller the room, the more modest the curtains - lush fabrics occupy a lot of space;
- the use of fabrics of two colors for curtains visually increases the space;
- if you want to make the light darker, poorly lit room, you need to select light light fabrics for curtains;
- curtains in a flower will help create an easy romantic atmosphere;
- for interiors in oriental style use the appropriate curtains - in Japanese style
For safety and convenience, curtains and curtains should be strengthened on a secure and secure cornice. Fabric and cornice should match each other in style.
Classic style in the decoration of windows
Traditional, classical style in decoration is a combination of simplicity and sophistication. To do this, choose expensive quality fabrics:
The main requirement for them is lightness, light pastel colors. If you want to give a solemnity to the interior, then the appropriate tulle lambrequins, decorated with embroidery.
An interesting solution will also be Roman curtains (Roman curtains are vertical monophonic canvases, pulled together by a vertical decorative cord).
Drawings on the fabric in the design of windows
For monochrome and neutral coloring of walls, curtains with a pattern can be used. Stylish curtains in the living room with a small pattern visually expand the space, and will be appropriate in small rooms.
Curtains with vertical stripes make the room higher. Curtains with gold or silver thread or elegant embroidery emphasize the solemnity of the living room.
Color combinations in the interior
Choosing neutral and light colors for curtains, it is almost impossible to make a mistake, but to create a stylish interior you can use the rule of color spots - bright and juicy can be either a window design or an interior of the room.
When using a lot of furniture and household appliances in the room, you should choose reserved tones. It is interesting to look in the interior shades of turquoise and blue, purple and lilac flowers.
Color has a strong effect on the well-being of a person, so it is better to choose terracotta, brown and coffee shades, cream and white colors for the premises.
Curtains can be selected in upholstery upholstery.
It is possible to use different variants of lifting curtains in the interior.
Use of tissue properties
In addition to color combinations in the decoration of the living room, you can use combinations of fabrics. Designers have developed many different models of curtains.
To emphasize the features of the central room of the house, it is possible to sew luxurious modern curtains into the living room from several layers of transparent fabric, one of which must be integral and completely cover the opening of the window.
One-color curtain fabric can be used, which is combined with dense lambrequins.
There are a lot of options for decorating the windows in the living room. But the sense of calmness and comfort in the room that will create the curtains should not be changed.
Photo of curtains in the interior of the living room