Even with modern minimalism, a bright Oriental style is popular - it is the magic of a fairy tale and warm nights in the interior. We will analyze how to create elements of the East in a drawing room.
There are "golden rules", characteristic only of eastern interiors.
Juicy bright, but "warm" colors - a characteristic feature of oriental designs, but colors that are found in nature (neon there is no place):
- gold, honey;
- caramel, cream and peach;
- dark-burgundy and shades of red;
- saturated orange, ocher, terracotta and brown;
- color of raspberry, fuchsia, purple and violet;
- aquamarine, turquoise, blue, ultramarine, malachite, emerald.
Vaults of great height in several levels create open bright spaces, making them solemn and majestic.
Important! In small rooms it is better not to use arches, and to decorate the ceiling with prints with patterns for giving volume.
We also recommend:
- TV in the living room - 60 photos ideal placement in the interior
- Living room in the style of art deco - 70 photos of the best variants of unusual design
- Tile in the living room: photo-review of the best options in the interior
Decor in bright colors: pads with brushes, vases of silver and copper, colorful carpets, openwork fixtures, large mirrors in spectacular frames. Decor plays a big role in conveying the exact character of the East.
Ethnic ornamentation and complex vegetative patterns are an obligatory ornament of eastern habitation: Ikat, various plants, damascus, combinations of different geometric figures.
Door apertures in the form of pointed arches or in the form of a horseshoe.
We also recommend:
- How to choose a living room? 55 photos of the perfect design and combination in the interior
- Mini walls for living room - the perfect solution for modern interior (70 photos)
- Pink Living Room - 70 photos of a gentle living room design with a pink tint
Living room furniture in the style of the East
You need an open large space where you should place low comfortable sofas, benches and ottomans. In the living room is always a lot of colorful cushions, which are embroidered with gold threads, with unusual floral patterns.
For a living room in the oriental style requires a lot of light, so you need a bright room, preferably with large windows facing south.
Upholstered furniture is studded with bright expensive fabrics, supplemented by tables with low legs. The fabric for upholstery of armchairs and low sofas should be monochrome saturated shades or with intricate patterns with gold threads and ornaments.
We also recommend:
- Modern Living Room 2017: TOP-150 photos of new stylish design
- Design of the living room in Khrushchev - photo review of new products in 2017
- Shelves in the living room - interesting design options (65 photos of new products)
Decorating the living room with oriental coloring
"Oriental" ceilings deserve special attention. Their characteristic feature is several levels. It is possible to create them from plasterboard, but it is necessary to decorate with magnificent stucco molding in the form of arches, multi-level ledges and effective friezes.
For facing the walls you can use light monochrome wallpaper with large oriental patterns. Excellent fit decorative plaster or vinyl monophonic wallpaper with a characteristic pattern with its imitation. The colors for the walls are very calm: peach, ivory, beige, olive.
For the design of a floor tiles with Persian (Arabian) patterns or beautiful marble (imitation of a stone) will approach. To hide the cold lining, it is better to close it with a luxurious fluffy carpet with bright ornaments. Excellent parquet board made of expensive wood.
Light - an important element of the interior of the living room in the oriental style. Place in the center of the living room a large chandelier with elegant ornaments (forged items, various stones, colored mosaics and beautiful stained-glass windows). Obligatory fixtures that create a local light: candles in bronze (gilded) candlesticks, beautiful floor lamps or sconces.
More bright windows of the living room must be decorated with heavy curtains to the floor, preferably with gold patterns.
Eastern countries have a rich culture so the traditional flavor should be in every detail. Eastern design of the living room will give the original accessories:
- wooden (stone) boxes with thread;
- multi-colored textiles (embroidered pillows, blankets, bedspreads);
- openwork forged chandeliers of large sizes, lamps, sconces, floor lamps;
- figurines made of bronze, stone, etc .;
- wide trays, dishes for fruits;
- coffee (tea) sets of silver and copper (with paunchy Turkish forms);
- vases with paintings, pitchers and hookahs.
If you do not overload with decorative details, you can make the living room proud of your interior, where comfort, exotics and the aura of the peaceful tranquility of the East will reign.
We offer variants of designs on a photo of east drawing room.
Photo of the living room in oriental style