Modern is today considered to be a modern direction for decorating interior designs, however, in it still in fashionable living rooms one can find features of the 19th century that remind of the ancient past of this style.
An excellent option for design is the shade of gray. Combining it with shades of beige or white, you can create a warm and cozy atmosphere in the room.
Bright accents, which should be placed in some parts of the room, can become shades of green, light pink, warm orange or yellow.
It is very popular for modernity is rich red. It can be included in the design in the form of decorative elements or upholstery for furniture, and it is possible to paint in this tone one or two walls.
Signs of the direction "modern"
- This style, like any other, has several distinctive features.
- The design of the living room in the Art Nouveau style is distinguished by its simplicity and smooth lines. Here, furniture items of intricate unusual shapes do not exactly meet.
- The dynamics of the entire composition is emphasized by the right combinations of different shades and materials used.
- Modern interiors assume the presence of additional structures, in the form of podiums, ceiling multi-level structures, shelf-niches, etc.
- The interior must be well lit, therefore there are always a lot of different light sources.
- Quite often in modernity resort to the method of zoning, dividing the space with the help of combinations of bright and calm neutral colors.
- A distinctive feature - a small and soft mat in any area of the room, laid on a light floor covering of parquet.
- Modern living room in the Art Nouveau style for its design involves the use of glass, metal or leather coverings.
- In the living room there must be a considerable amount of modern technology. And the larger the size of this technique, the more stylized the interior looks.
- For this style is not typical use of a large number of decorative elements.
Color preferences of "modern"
Drawing attention to the photo of the living room in the Art Nouveau style, it can be concluded that such an interior is characterized by neutral and calm tones. However, the accent spots still have a place to be.
We also recommend:
- TV in the living room - 60 photos ideal placement in the interior
- Living room in the style of art deco - 70 photos of the best variants of unusual design
- Tile in the living room: photo-review of the best options in the interior
A bright finish photo can visually expand the room, making it more spacious and lighter.
To create a more calm and romantic interior, it is recommended to use sea tones, for example, turquoise, soft blue, mint color. This color palette can be a wonderful background for the whole room.
The main thing in color design is keeping the balance and the right combination of shades.
We also recommend:
- How to choose a living room? 55 photos of the perfect design and combination in the interior
- Mini walls for living room - the perfect solution for modern interior (70 photos)
- Pink Living Room - 70 photos of a gentle living room design with a pink tint
Decorating the modern-living room
For the modern-living room decoration is a very important component.
Walls. Typically, for the finishing of wall surfaces use staining and wallpaper. By gluing the walls in the rest zone with one kind of wallpaper, and painting all the others in the paint, you can competently divide the living room into functional areas.
We also recommend:
- Modern Living Room 2017: TOP-150 photos of new stylish design
- Design of the living room in Khrushchev - photo review of new products in 2017
- Shelves in the living room - interesting design options (65 photos of new products)
You can use monochrome wallpaper, you can pick up paintings with a low-key geometric or floral print. Pretty often used wallpaper, the picture of which is the accent of the room.
Floor. It is characteristic for modernity to use parquet or laminate flooring. The main principle: the color of the floor material and furniture must match. To create coziness, you can place a light carpet in the living room.
Ceiling. Ceiling surface is easier to make out simply. However, if a preference is given to multi-level structures, then the finishing of all other surfaces should be simplified as much as possible.
Furniture filling the living room-Art Nouveau
Furniture for the living room in the Art Nouveau style should meet several characteristics:
- it is better if the objects have small dimensions and rounded corners;
- materials for furniture production should be high-quality plastic or natural wood. Metal or glass inserts are allowed.
- Furniture items should be functional, so you should give preference to the transforming models. The wall in the living room in the Art Nouveau style should be chosen modular and compact;
- the technique should be built in, to ensure the free space in the room.
Decorative elements for "modern"
Living room in the modern style photo interior shows that for this direction is not typical use of a large number of accessories, but the design for the windows must be selected.
It is better to use light hovering curtains in combination with dense classic curtains. They must be fastened to the ceiling cornice, which will be completely invisible.
If the blinkers have a bright saturated shade, then it is necessary to balance it with similar textiles in the form of pillows, rugs or upholstery on furniture. Will emphasize modern and fireplace installation.
Decorate the interior can be by lighting, placing on the shelves of decorative candles or glass lamps. Very stylish will look different kind of built-in lighting, which can be located even in furniture items.
Photo of the living room in Art Nouveau style