Inimitable decoration of the interior is the picture. They accentuate their attention, set style, enrich the color palette and give completeness to the room.
In this article, we will show you how to choose pictures for the living room and place them so that the room has an individuality, looks fresh and new.
Difference of modern pictures
Picking pictures on the wall in the living room is easy if you have a taste, feel the colors and have an idea of decorating the interior.
Otherwise - it is better to turn to designers who fit and stylishly fill your living room with worthy specimens. Consider the common techniques of making wall decorations.
Oil painting. Framed by a heavy baguette painting, made with oil, perfectly complements the classic style. However, abstract works of palette knickknacks will decorate any newfangled decoration.
- Acrylic. Pictures in the interior of the living room, painted with acrylic paints, will come to a place in the style of retro and pop art.
- Watercolor. Air watercolor images will bring even more harmony to the style of Provence, Shebbie-chic and country.
- Graphic arts. Covered with glass graphic works, bordered with a neat frame, serve as a highlight of the creative eclectic style.
- Poster. A simple and at the same time "delicious" decor is used in the interior of the Scandinavian style, high-tech and minimalism.
We also recommend:
- TV in the living room - 60 photos ideal placement in the interior
- Living room in the style of art deco - 70 photos of the best variants of unusual design
- Tile in the living room: photo-review of the best options in the interior
Print on canvas. The works are printed reproductions of famous works of art and do not have any value.
This is a democratic version of the picture, which symbolizes the luxury of the interior only from afar.
The photo. The works of current photographers often cause sincere admiration. Many of them are rightfully decorated to decorate the walls of living rooms in the best houses. You can also use high-quality images from a personal archive.
We also recommend:
- How to choose a living room? 55 photos of the perfect design and combination in the interior
- Mini walls for living room - the perfect solution for modern interior (70 photos)
- Pink Living Room - 70 photos of a gentle living room design with a pink tint
Correct placement of pictures
Modern paintings for the living room are used as an independent decor or as part of a more complex composition.
Consider the pictures of the paintings in the interior of the living room, which we offer for inspiration and drawing of interesting ideas. You will notice the main good places for decorating the walls of the room.
Above the sofa. Here the pictures are the most harmonious. In this place they are called to fill the void and balance the interior.
We also recommend:
- Modern Living Room 2017: TOP-150 photos of new stylish design
- Design of the living room in Khrushchev - photo review of new products in 2017
- Shelves in the living room - interesting design options (65 photos of new products)
Over the chest. The picture or combination of paintings looks great over the chest of drawers, especially if you complement the decor with suitable accessories.
By the fireplace. Indescribable warmth and comfort is easily achieved in a private house with a fireplace, if you decorate it with beautiful paintings.
Gallery on the free wall. Art wall - a very popular reception of European designers. It consists in filling the whole wall with paintings, posters, photographs, embroidered works and postcards, which carefully combine with each other, adhering to the intended theme and color palette.
On shelves. If you often change the surrounding images, place the work on the shelves in the living room - this will allow you not to violate the integrity of the walls in vain.
Pictures in the living room above the sofa
Decorating space with a single picture, there is nowhere to wait. A large single image looks self-contained and stylish.
The works of any shape and size are welcomed, mostly oiled, but other techniques are also possible.
Next, we'll tell you how to put a set of pictures in the zone above the sofa, so that the finished composition fascinates the views.
Three paintings of identical sizes, elongated upwards of the form, coming in a row. An excellent solution for modular paintings or similar works created by one author.
Nine works in three rows. Suitable for photographs or black and white graphics of a square shape. The number of pictures can be varied based on the size.
The output should be a square or a rectangle with the same spacing between the jobs.
Big picture and three small ones. The main work can be a print on canvas, the rest - posters or photographs.
The main vertical work involves placing small images on the left or right in the column, horizontal - from the top or bottom. It is important to adhere to direct imaginary lines along the perimeter of the composition.
Three pictures, enclosed in a square. The elements of the kit can be knocked out of the lines of the correct square, but it is important to keep equal distances between them.
Miniature gallery. 5-8 paintings of different sizes and formats are placed in the shape of a rectangle. Gaps between small jobs are slightly reduced, larger - increase.
Modular paintings in the living room
Fresh trend in recent years have become modular paintings in the interior of the living room. One great meaningful image, smoothly flowing onto each next canvas, looks very impressive and lively animates the interior.
The works do not require baguettes or frames, and at the same time they have integrity and completeness.
When choosing pictures and their location, consider the general concept of the living room, color scheme and personal preferences. It's great if the room is decorated not with soulless images, but with works that inspire, please the eye and have a certain meaning for you personally.
Using our photo paintings in various interiors, you can find or combine your ideal for a living room.
Photo of the interior of the living room